Sundown Audio

22252_307097652221_586827221_4897524_7705849_n.jpg

22252_307097662221_586827221_4897525_8226940_n.jpg

So I got this baby in the mail and it just made my not my day, but even my week =]

the only thing is though, I'm having this issue where it keeps cutting out (protect) when i turn my headunit up past 20/50 when the song hits hard =[ any ideas?

In Progress:

1991 Nissan Stanza

2 DC Level 4 12's with level 5 DVCs

SAE-1200D

Sony Xplod HU

TEAM DC Audio

DCaudio.jpg

whats your electrical lookin like?

just remember, there are no smart people in the world, only some less retarded than others

wow shes hot too who is she? kim petras? wheres that from...i'd buss that open

Bone stock 2015 Genesis Sedan

RIP Civic :(

sundown_audio_logo-1-1.jpg

check grounds.

Alot of people make the mistake of just finding somewere to ground it and do so. just make sure were ever you grounded it that you sanded it to metal and so forth. and as someone else stated make sure the grounds are not lose.

95 Civic Coupe

Pioneer AVH-P7600DVD

Kinetik HC-1200 In Front

Kinetik HC-2000 In Rear

Memphis 16-MCA3004

2 X Memphis 16-MCD1000 With Maxxsonics MLX-100

2 X DC LVL 4 XL 12's

Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS In Door's

Kenwood KFC-6982ie In Rear Deck

All Memphis Wire/Rca's and misc.

tooshort.png

724920892.png

How much pre-out voltage do you have and where are the gain and bass boost set ?

The gain is about halfway up and the bass boost is all the way up. I'm going to go play with it some more and get back to you.

and I have 4 gauge rockford wire for power and ground, I would switch to 0 AWG, but seeing how the SAE-1200D is rated for 600W at 2 ohms and these subs are rated 400W. I'd rather not blow them since sundown amps are usually way underrated =P

Edited by thuase

In Progress:

1991 Nissan Stanza

2 DC Level 4 12's with level 5 DVCs

SAE-1200D

Sony Xplod HU

TEAM DC Audio

DCaudio.jpg

The gain is about halfway up and the bass boost is all the way up. I'm going to go play with it some more and get back to you.

and I have 4 gauge rockford wire for power and ground, I would switch to 0 AWG, but seeing how the SAE-1200D is rated for 600W at 2 ohms and these subs are rated 400W. I'd rather not blow them since sundown amps are usually way underrated =P

there is part of ur problem i believe. turn that down. also as stated before, wat is ur electrical like?

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

I vote for ground. My 1000D did the same thing for the first few days I had it. It didnt like the ground I had all of my old amps running on.

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

Alpine CDA-9886

Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D

Sundown Audio SAX-50.4

Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components

Image Dynamics iD12

Optima Yellow Top

SQFire FTW.

^^ yes a bad ground can cause a problem with any amp but the fact that he has bass boost all the way up with gain halfway pretty much is a giveaway for clipping... i dont think that sony HU has more than 2v preouts so the gain isnt a problem but a 12db bass boost on anything will clip rather easily especially above half volume on the HU

the only thing is though, I'm having this issue where it keeps cutting out (protect) when i turn my headunit up past 20/50 when the song hits hard =[ any ideas?

This is my argument

Edited by 95_1500