Sonic Electronix

Question about SHURiKEN batteries

pretty much the same thing as a kinetik and i had kinetiks under the hood forever. i wouldnt worry about having one under the hood myself.

personally i wouldnt either, but ive heard of more then a few people having their batts swell on them.

just something to look for over time.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Tech support just said the Shuriken isn't made for under the hood use. Damn. Does anyone have one under the hood now or ever had one under the hood? I know the Kinetik's are a little hard to find right now but I think I may have found some but they are $50 more. I'd really like to get an XS D5100 but $235 plus shipping is a little steep right now.

i have the shirukens, but not under hood

the case is thinner plastic and more prone to heat destroying it or cracking from impacts

if the bottom is fully supported and its held in place well and away from heat it should be fine. most stock batteries have just a cheesy support on the bottom and a bar across the top, two places where the pressure can crack into the case...

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

If it matters it's going in an 03 Civic.

I can get an Optima for around the same price as the Shuriken but I've seen a lot of you guys say the Optima is crap. But at this point anything is better than my stock Honday battery which is now dead. So I need a new battery here pretty quick.

As an under hood batt Optimas are just fine... Look into Northstar batteries btw, I run them and they are top notch.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Archived