Looking for opinions on install

Unless the unit was purchased at an authorized dealer also the warranty is useless. You need to provide a receipt that has labor and product listed on it. So if you know the guy at the mom and pop shop will do a good job and offer a warranty on the install I'd just take it there.

Alot of the times directed will do a flat rate of I think either $35 or $50 and replace the unit for you... rather it was bought authorized or not.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Unless the unit was purchased at an authorized dealer also the warranty is useless. You need to provide a receipt that has labor and product listed on it. So if you know the guy at the mom and pop shop will do a good job and offer a warranty on the install I'd just take it there.

Alot of the times directed will do a flat rate of I think either $35 or $50 and replace the unit for you... rather it was bought authorized or not.

Very true but BB warentee's their install which with the horror stories I have heard is my main issue.

Next is week is when it goes down.

And I did call further down the DRI list..............yea next closest was an hr away in tucson, drop off the truck by 9 am and pick up no earlier that 4 pm.........and with my job no wheels is a BAD thing

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

"No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country."

George Patton

Very true but BB warentee's their install which with the horror stories I have heard is my main issue.

Next is week is when it goes down.

And I did call further down the DRI list..............yea next closest was an hr away in tucson, drop off the truck by 9 am and pick up no earlier that 4 pm.........and with my job no wheels is a BAD thing

Horror stories you have heard about BB installs?

If the alarm is installed correctly there shouldn't be any issues with it. I have the 791 in all 3 of my cars and love it! Only thing I wish was a little better is the battery life on the remotes....but from what I have heard the newer Viper alarms have tackled that issue.

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

I picked this up for a decent price with a 2nd siren, and the remote start add on. I am trying to figure out whats the best way to go here........

I have Best Buy and a mom and pop style place near by that do alarm installs.

The Best Buy place is DEI authorized, the mom and pop is not.

Best Buy wants 200 to install, and mom and pop want 225.

I know the guy who would do the install at the mom and pop place pretty well, but the non authorized thing kinda worries me.

I havent heard anything bad about either place when it comes to their alarm work. Anyone got any thoughts as to which place to go with?

J

I would just go to best buy, They have a life time warranty on the installation, if you ever have any problems they have to fix it. I have seen too many incidents at mom and pop shops where a few of my friends got remotes starts done and with in the year there where major problems going on and they wouldnt do or give a shit about your problems. And why is the mom and pops shop charging 225 for, those places are suppose to be cheaper than the retail stores.

iamGcast

Well got it done at BB today. Had a slight issue with the installer. Got an appt for 0900. Store opens at 10 and thats when he showed. They when asked abotu a 2nd remote got quoted "about 70". Go pick up at 5 (was told should be done by noon-ish) and the 2nd remote was 150. Bitched to the manager, and told him what his installer told me. Dude started gettin cocky sayin he said "about" not exactly. I reminded him he "could of checked the price to be sure and it prolly would of only taken 5 mins which I was willing to wait." He informs me he would be more than happy to rip alarm out and put my stock back in right now. Then proceeded to tell him I wasnt appriciating his fucking attitude and that I was getting pretty fuckin pissed about it. He just looks at his manager then me and says "well you started it.

In the end the manager gave me the 2nd remote for the quoted price and apologised a shit ton. On the plus side the guy knew his shit (except for prices), did a VERY clean job, and knew when enough is enough.

J

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

"No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country."

George Patton

did he t tap everything?

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

I would just go to best buy, They have a life time warranty on the installation, if you ever have any problems they have to fix it. I have seen too many incidents at mom and pop shops where a few of my friends got remotes starts done and with in the year there where major problems going on and they wouldnt do or give a shit about your problems. And why is the mom and pops shop charging 225 for, those places are suppose to be cheaper than the retail stores.

Its funny that you say that...

I work for a "Mom and Pop" shop, thats been in buisness 50+ years... Started by my bosses dad, and still ran by him.

I find it funny that at least twice a month we get a vehicle straight from bestbuys install bay to have the alarm/remote start installed (well re-installed) because BestBuy couldnt do it after countless tries for over 8 hours, or sometimes calls from their "installers" asking questions because all they get calling directechs is being placed on hold for hours... I remember seeing a install so horrid that the vehicle had to be towed to our location because it wouldnt start.....

Its to the point now that we have heard from a manager that they are where talking about closing their install bays.

But anyways...

BestBuy installers = sales personal from the floor who read and studied a book for a couple months and then took a MECP certification class.

The next thing you know they are in the shop as a "pro installer". Keep in mind they never wired a simple radio, let alone a remote start or alarm...

Yea well he apperantly doesnt know his shit that well. Left the heater on last night and remote started it this am get in the truck and no fucking heat, or music (music aint a big deal here). Turned the key and BAM got cold air blowing and now turning warm(with tunes).

Shits got me FURIOUS. I have had to dick with this for what seems like for fucking ever.

J

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

George Patton

Archived