kinetik hc600 tested 200cca?

The battery is not bad, Kinetik is just full of crap on their ratings. A 600CA test is a pass/fail type test. If the battery voltage drops below the cuttoff during a 600 amp load within the time period, it shows FAIL.

That doesn't mean the battery won't hold voltage, or still power a system, it just means that it isn't a 600 CA battery. (there is no way in hell a Kinetik 600 will pass a 600ca test, I know from personal experience)

An HC600 is only good for about 200 true cold cranking amps.

"The definition of the Cold-Cranking Amperage (CCA) of an automotive battery is the amount of current a given battery can deliver for 30 seconds at zero (0) degrees F without dropping below a specified cutoff voltage (manufacturer-specific, but usually 10.5 volts)."

30 seconds is a LONG time to push 200A from a battery that small, and 0 degrees is pretty damn cold, batteries don't work well in the cold, basic chemistry.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

no wonder it said it failed. that battery is closer to 200ca, but you set the machine up for 600ca.

also, when you load test a battery on a carbon pile machine, you use 1/2 the batteries rated ca value. that means you should use 100a to load test that hc600.

try that and see what happens

also, kinetik rates their batteries in watts not cranking amps.

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

i pulled the hc600 out and put my extra optima yellow top 34 into my car today. it raised my voltage at full power about .4- to .5 volts. my idle voltage went from 12.50 to 12.94 and my above idle voltage went from 13.20 to 13.60. i should mention that it is only about 39 degrees today and the optima has not been used since November. so the gains could be higher in normal use.

• 4 years later...

Is it odd to idle stock at 14.2? Driving 14.4? Not a lot of people do. An I'm in a 2000 blazer also. Not new. 15 years old almost 16.

holy necro post batman!!

no you are fine with that voltage. My truck stock idles 14.44v cold and 14.3 hot idle

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

Archived