kinetik hc600 tested 200cca?

i work for a auto parts store and today i got bored while i was at lunch. so i decided to hook our battery tester to the hc600 in the back of my car just to see what it said.

test 600 cca

temp 60F

start voltage 12.89

end voltage 12.77

100% charge

meets 200 cca

BAD BATTERY

is this because the tester is not really designed for agm batteries and gave a false reading or is the kinetik's 600cca rating bogus? i also tested my optima yellow top 34/78 on the same tester a couple of minutes later and it read 810 cca. any body got any ideas?

Did you disconnect that batteries from each other?

Did the yellowtop fail the test too?

If so I would retest the batteries with out them being wired together.

I wouldnt think that it would matter if the battery is agm or not.

However I never really cared for how Kenetik rates their batteries in "watts" and not "amp"s on their site. Personally find that misleading.

i had my kinetik 2400s tested their and it said they both failed..

weird how they fail, but they keep my 3000rms+ system going.

I also had them fully charged still resting at 13+volts and their big tester decided it still wanted to charge them forever.

i also have a kinetic charger and it tells you if your battery is bad or not. they were good on that one.

edit. also, maybe you shorted your battery and some of your cells are bad.

i removed the power wire fuse before the testing began so the batteries were not connected together during testing. the optima did pass the test with no trouble. just the kinetik failed.

i have a second optima yellow top 34 in my garage at home. should i pull the kinetik and just go with a pair optimas? ( one in front and one in back ) i have a stock 85 amp alternator with the big 3 done and run a jbl gto14001 (1500 rms ). i keep my gain way down so my voltage doesn't ever drop below 12.5 at idle and 13.2 with above 1200 rpm.

i removed the power wire fuse before the testing began so the batteries were not connected together during testing. the optima did pass the test with no trouble. just the kinetik failed.

i have a second optima yellow top 34 in my garage at home. should i pull the kinetik and just go with a pair optimas? ( one in front and one in back ) i have a stock 85 amp alternator with the big 3 done and run a jbl gto14001 (1500 rms ). i keep my gain way down so my voltage doesn't ever drop below 12.5 at idle and 13.2 with above 1200 rpm.

you could switch them and see how it compares

my mechanic buddy has a batt load tester and it said the same thing for my hc600 bad batt only 170 CCAs while my stinger sp1500d's are rated 825 CCAs and they read 1125 CCAs.. but hc600 still floats at 12.8-12.9........

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

if the battery was bad it wouldnt hold voltage and would actually drain your optima... now this has no relevance to CCA, just stating that it isnt bad

Pioneer 500UB

1 LVL4 15" 4.3cubes tuned to 35HZ

BXi1606D

1/0

Red top in back

JBL 5 1/4's front

Infinity Kappa 6 1/2's rear

145.7 Legal on music New Audio Control

no, I do not think it is really bad. it read bad battery because I ran the test for a 600 cca battery and it only tested 200 cca. the resting voltage on it is 12.8-12.9 so that tells me the cells are not shorted. I have tested lawn mower batteries for customers before with the same tester that had higher cca than the kinetik did. it just makes me wonder if a bunch of people who buy the smaller kinetiks or stingers would not be better off buying a regular full size car battery and a vented battery box. or buying a 51 series optima or deka.

I am probably going to get a new battery hold down and some new terminals and give the yellow top a try.

no, I do not think it is really bad. it read bad battery because I ran the test for a 600 cca battery and it only tested 200 cca. the resting voltage on it is 12.8-12.9 so that tells me the cells are not shorted. I have tested lawn mower batteries for customers before with the same tester that had higher cca than the kinetik did. it just makes me wonder if a bunch of people who buy the smaller kinetiks or stingers would not be better off buying a regular full size car battery and a vented battery box. or buying a 51 series optima or deka.

I am probably going to get a new battery hold down and some new terminals and give the yellow top a try.

you are correct in the since that it would be better to purchase a larger battery, the difference between the Kinetik battery and say a lawn mower battery is the AH and the voltage retention,

TBH if you pull 600 amps out of a battery the voltage will tank (7volts) in comparison you can pull 200 amps on the kinetik and i would bet it would retain close to 11volts.

Pioneer 500UB

1 LVL4 15" 4.3cubes tuned to 35HZ

BXi1606D

1/0

Red top in back

JBL 5 1/4's front

Infinity Kappa 6 1/2's rear

145.7 Legal on music New Audio Control

Archived