This is just a short post about something I read today as I dropped off a patient at a hospital... According to 2006 statistics, CPR is only successfull 1 in 200 times. So in other words, for 200 people that go into cardiac arrest, 1 will live due to "Effective CPR" and 199 will die.......... HOLY SHIT! I had no idea it was that bad! Let me state this before people people start saying im wrong, or bullshit....... I am simply just telling you what I READ, so take this with a grain of salt..... :pardon:

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

What they are not telling you is the 1 that survives recieved CPR from a hot piece of ass and not some dude that looks like Bubba. :)

Warm Regards,

Dyno Brian

1997 Ford Probe

|Sony Head Unit|Alpine V12 AccuClass-D MRD M1000 Amplifier|4 RE AUDIO SRX12D4 12's|Mids and Highs coming soon!|

|1998 Mustang GT Twin Turbo|1986 Mustang GT Single Turbo|1996 Mustang Mystic Cobra N20|1995 Mustang Cobra 5,000 miles|

2002 ZO6

Mustang%20on%20Dyno.jpg

i believe those stats very well. half the time pep done know wtf they are doing when giving cpr in the first place. just bc u have a card and certified dont mean crap if you forget what your suppose to do. lmao

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

Fingers interlaced, Arms straight, over the heart, compress, 30:2.

Feel free to correct me if im wrong

Edited by Blue

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

What they are not telling you is the 1 that survives recieved CPR from a hot piece of ass and not some dude that looks like Bubba. :)

Um......ok :nea:

i believe those stats very well. half the time pep done know wtf they are doing when giving cpr in the first place. just bc u have a card and certified dont mean crap if you forget what your suppose to do. lmao

True.... My very first cardiac arrest put me in such a nervous state I couldnt even speak. But once at the hospital, the ER doc said I did VERY EFFECTIVE CPR cause this 74 (something close to that age) male, his top vertebrosternal ribs were broken.... Very common in older people due to successful CPR! I worked that arrest all the way to the hospital, and was even on top of the patient, riding on the stretcher into the hospital performing CPR until time of death was confirmed...... Asystole is a bitch!

Fingers interlaced, Arms straight, over the heart, compress, 30:2.

Feel free to correct me if im wrong

mostly true, but age can determine where you must have the point of compression. Also, next year, the AHA guidelines are changing for CPR again. If I remember correctly, NO MORE BREATHING WILL BE PERFORMED, JUST COMPRESSIONS. Something like 50 compression for everything 30sec, 100compressions per minute.....

mostly true, but age can determine where you must have the point of compression. Also, next year, the AHA guidelines are changing for CPR again. If I remember correctly, NO MORE BREATHING WILL BE PERFORMED, JUST COMPRESSIONS. Something like 50 compression for everything 30sec, 100compressions per minute.....

One of my cousins cousins is a First aid instructor and he was telling me about that a couple of months ago. The reason why is because they have done studies and it shows that the compression of the chest is actually enough compression on the lungs for the patient to "breath". I really want to see the new device on that they are developing. It wraps around the chest and compress's the whole chest cavity and pumps the heart. If I remember right it doesn't break ribs in the process.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

is this just plain cpr or cpr with an AED?

I always thought if you witnessed the arrest (making it OK to shock pronto) then the survival rate is fairly good.

I believe after every minute goes by your chance of survival goes down 10%.

No wonder most of them die LOL as it does take ems some time to arrive.

But good news is if you get a shock delivered within one minute, survival rates are in the 90th percentile!

Yea...good luck having a heat attack that close to one :D

But lets think about this....lets say you even live ridiculously close to a firehouse and it takes 5 minutes for arrival...thats 50 percent of your survival rate gone....and on top of that approximately 2 minutes of cpr is administered before the first shock...well hell, thats a 20 percent survival rate...not so good LOL.

But I will say this. There is a man I know named Mitch. He has a pacemaker. But he has died and been brought back to life over 8 times now...i shit you not....

This mother fucker seriously has nine lives. Several times were on a patient bed in the hospital where he has even been declared dead and he still came back. Too bad he continues to smoke crack...Maybe he wouldnt have to go through this shit so often....by the way this is a true story.

another little stat I learned from class a couple years ago is that survival rate of a drowned person in very cold water is higher than warm water....which actually makes sense kinda. But you would have thought that hypothermia would only decrease the chance of survival.

POINT IN CASE: If you're going to have a heart attack, do it within one minute of an AED :D

Edited by finkster

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D