Sonic Electronix

Just get the audiopipe 3k and run it since your at 2ohm anyway.

I dont have the funds to drop on another amp.

Truck 1 96 Silverado Ext cab

4 JL w6v2 12"s

2 JL 1000/1's

2 sets of JL XR components

RF 4 Chan

Blowthrough

141.5 @ DB drag street max 3-4

148.8 outlaw.

Truck 2 silverado 2500HD Ext Cab- Building this truck now

4 RE SE 10"

JBL BPX 2200.1

Soundstream 4 chan

JL XR comp

RF 3 ways

Subs under rear bench lifted 4"

well, you either sell the subs or you sell the amp. your subs are new so might as well sell the amp and have all new stuff.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

If your nominal is at 2 ohms then you will easily be over 4 ohms reactive. I honestly see that box producing more than 2 ohms of rise anyway so you'll realistically probably be in the 5-6 ohm range when it's all said and done.

Also on the resin on the inside of the box thing, I always resin the inside of my boxes. Not only does it provide less resistance and drag with a slicker surface like you said it keeps the mdf from breathing. All mdf is is compressed saw dust and believe it or not air can actually pass through it from the super high pressure built inside a loud sub box. By resining the inside that keeps any pressure (which is very very little at all to begin with) from leaking out the "pores" in the wood. I've seen the resining of one coat help my spl by as much as .4 db. I've heard people say that maybe it's because I took away volume inside the box but it's been as little as 12oz of resin just enough for a thin coat on the interior of the box and there is a gain. So it's not even displacing .01cuft from the box so that tell me that the gain is from either both the slicker surface or sealing the "pores".

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

If your nominal is at 2 ohms then you will easily be over 4 ohms reactive. I honestly see that box producing more than 2 ohms of rise anyway so you'll realistically probably be in the 5-6 ohm range when it's all said and done.

Also on the resin on the inside of the box thing, I always resin the inside of my boxes. Not only does it provide less resistance and drag with a slicker surface like you said it keeps the mdf from breathing. All mdf is is compressed saw dust and believe it or not air can actually pass through it from the super high pressure built inside a loud sub box. By resining the inside that keeps any pressure (which is very very little at all to begin with) from leaking out the "pores" in the wood. I've seen the resining of one coat help my spl by as much as .4 db. I've heard people say that maybe it's because I took away volume inside the box but it's been as little as 12oz of resin just enough for a thin coat on the interior of the box and there is a gain. So it's not even displacing .01cuft from the box so that tell me that the gain is from either both the slicker surface or sealing the "pores".

Well I guess I am gonna be ok then with the 2 ohm. Thanks for posting actual testing on the resin. I have heard its pointless and Ive heard its amazing. So either way if I gain or not its done. Every little bit helps. I might do a little more after I put the top on the box. I also plan on siliconing the cut outs on the aeros too. Make sure everything is extra air tight.

4 JL w6v2 12"s

2 JL 1000/1's

RF 4 Chan

Blowthrough

148.8 outlaw.

4 RE SE 10"

JBL BPX 2200.1

Soundstream 4 chan

JL XR comp

RF 3 ways

just bump them at 2 ohms. and i like using resin on the inside of boxes i use it because MDF "breathes", in my oppinion using resin makes a more solid box

-Car: 2006 Ford expedition King Ranch

-Subs: 2 FI BTLs 18 fully loaded

-amps: 2 sundown SAZ 3000D

-Alternator: DC Power 260 amps

-Batterys: 2 optima yellowtops

-A whole shit load of 0 guage knu hyper flex and raptor cable

-Rockford Fosegate 3sixty

yeah.. your going to have some pretty good rise running 4 woofers... just make sure you have strong electical to help protect the amp...

and dont worry about silicone... the resin is your best bet.... it wont make the box any stronger without fiberglass... but it will make sure everything is sealed

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

yeah.. your going to have some pretty good rise running 4 woofers... just make sure you have strong electical to help protect the amp...

and dont worry about silicone... the resin is your best bet.... it wont make the box any stronger without fiberglass... but it will make sure everything is sealed

So you wouldnt silicone around the ports where they were fed in? I would think that is the perfect place to loose air. I dont think I will need any internal bracing on this thing though. Its pretty solid as it is. Plus the seat is right on top of he box.

4 JL w6v2 12"s

2 JL 1000/1's

RF 4 Chan

Blowthrough

148.8 outlaw.

4 RE SE 10"

JBL BPX 2200.1

Soundstream 4 chan

JL XR comp

RF 3 ways

Keep the amp.

I think it will actually work out in your favor running it at 2 ohms, it will easily rise to 4+ at most frequencies outside of the tuned frequency. Those are pretty badass amps, I don't think you'll have any problem getting power from it.

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

Archived