Speakers Making Weird Noises

I just put in my Tweeters and 6.5 Infinity REF speakers and when the volume is off or low they make a high pitched sound. The sound is almost like a little jet engine or something, and also when I press on my gas the noise gets louder and then when the gear changes it drops back down = Very annoying. If anyone has any idea on how to fix this I would Appretiate it alot.

check your grounds.

1. Make sure your amp is grounded to bare metal with the same gauge as positive.

2. don't run interconnects, patch cable, rca (whatever you want to call them) next to power cables

3. Reinforce the ground from the cd player.

4. Do the big three.

Nope, that didnt do anything. But I did notice that when I just have the RCA's into my 4 channel amp the noise is reduced. But when I plug in another RCA into the output of my 4 channel and into the input of my Hifonics Mono the noise is there. Any ideas?

check for a better ground, move your wires around grounding the amp till you find a spot that eliminates the noise

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Why are you running RCA's off your 4 channel into your mono? Run from the sub outs on the deck.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Its a ground problem... Our van has nothing special in it, but a local stereo shop installed a cd player, and it makes that sound LOUD sucks when your watching tv and that is all that you hear... They charged 100 to put that bitch in to, and it sounds like shit... It is def the ground. Taken it to other stereo shops for other installs, and that is what they said it was...

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

My Deck only has one end for Sub out, not two. Im guessing I will need a Y adapter and then run the RCAs from that to the amp?

Sounds about right.

THE GRADUATE 10:18:2007