I believe its one of those silent noises. I hear it all the time whenever a TV's on until the TV goes off. Even if its in another room I can hear it. Over time as we get older MOST NOT ALL of us won't even be able to hear it. That's why your parents don't hear it or know what your talking about. In some countries high end businesses will play these tones to keep school children out of there stop and from shop lifting. They have a tester for this that produces one of these tones, my buddy brought it to my psych class one day when we were discussing body changes over time.He played it in the middle of class. All the kids heard it but none of the older people or the teacher heard it.

Found the actual answer, I think:

the flyback transformer in your TV that causes the whine, right around the 20khz mark basically take the Hz of your TV and times it by the scan lines. 30x525 = 15750 Hz. Your PC monitors tend to run at much higher resolutions and frequencies. Although I can make myself sick just by turning my computer down to 60hz and 640x480.

http://www.adhdnews.com/testforum/test11464.htm

images-1.jpg

weird, I have always noticed it too......

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

This is epic! I've wondered about this since I was a kid.

I think that is usually the MTV beam coming right down from the satellite into your head, that is why you can't change the channel away from Jersey Shore.

Made Me LOL........

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Yup, I hear it too, I can always tell when a tv turns on in my house

One thing I hate is my old digital clock has a like buzzing sound to it and when I can't sleep I can clearly hear this high pitched noise which adds to the problem, first time I heard it I thought I was going crazy

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

whenever theres a TV on anywhere within 100 or so feet of me, my ears ring a little, its like a .05 db 10khz tone if i had to describe it, does anyone else have this happen to them?

I dont have a T.V. :( lol

1997 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab

Pioneer DEH-3200UB

Two sets of Orion 6.5" Components In Each Door

AudioQue HDC3 15"

^^^ Its all For Sale!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99546-lots-to-sale-good-prices/ ^^^ AQ2200D

Wow, such a flexy beast(see what i did there lol)

You probably all have tinnitus.

No, I know what you mean. Sometimes I can hear LCD screens too, like our tv and my computer monitor.

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D