we have all domestics

95 dodge dakota

99 f150

01 suburban

ill never drive a foreign "import" id love to see any new foreign car get into a wreck with any of my vehicles yes size matters but get a foreign pickup to run into my ford and well see what happens.

Its all personal preference and how you take care of it. Theres a dodge cummins 3500 going on 1.4M miles. Ive yet to see a little ass toyota or nissan truck last 10 years without rotting a body away and looking like a complete POS.

http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/0907dp_...3500/index.html

I've yet to see a 2000 tacoma or nissan with ANY rotting. I've seen some 30 year old yotas and nissans rusted though.

The truck you posted isn't even 10 years old yet lol.... But I will give you credit, despite the fact that diesel engines are known to last longer than the average gasoline engine. 1.4 mil is an achievement. It's not uncommon to see a million mile Honda, volvo, or nissan with a gas engine. What do they say about diesel engines? Engine isn't even broken in till 100k?

I've yet to see a million mile ford though.

Can i add some input? Yes i can :)

One word: Audi :D

Not usa,jap, but european car.

Anyone who drives a german car knows; german engineering is the finest available.

/fanboy input haha

lol, cant talk trash about Audi...

I've heard nothing but good thing about Audi, they look good and are fast cant argue with that!!!!!

This thread is full of FAIL, its like a political debate, no one will be correct, and this will never get resolved, should just be locked

Bottom line is, I will stick up for american, because I never had problem with american cars

My daughter in law, and everyone else I know has problems with there import cars

But that is what I see, someone else will see something else.

Bottom line, I stick for american, because if I want to lose the biggest companies in the USA to a overseas manufacturing facility, and have these top US companies not exist, we will go in to a 3rd world status I would think. GM was in the top 5 largest businesses in the USA, along with Ford and Walmart, and the US Government itself

Lets say the Big 3 go out of business, and its all overseas, that would leave us relying on Walmart, and the US Government to help keep this country together

IN MY eyes, people who buy imports, and believe in the US are back stabbers, I know that is harsh as hell (And I will get heat from it, if its actually read) but as I said in another thread, I support my community and local economy the best I can, I shop at farmers markets, I buy local when I'am at grocery stores, I look on the back of every can and make sure its local, or at least California grown. I pay the extra price to support the US, and not another country

But that is just me

If I want a import, I will go to a Chevy Volt, or another small US car

There are some things we cant get around buying import, like TVs, audio equipment, hell speaker parts

But oh well

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I can go to Kragen's and get a water pump for a vette that is made in china, and then go to Tognottis and get one made in the USA, what is your point?

Mitsubishi also makes big screen TVs, just like Bosch, known for making car parts, but also has a industry in audio, among other things in that whole bosch becker empire

sorry i shouldve further explained, what i mean is alot of people dont usually buy the Ford/Chevy/Dodge issued parts to maintain their vehicles, they usually go down to autozone and buy the next best cheaper thing. Im not saying thats wrong i mean i do it all the time, but the company cant be blamed for reliability when the customers are putting on parts that the company didnt make.

Ex. Customer owns a Chevy and changes the oil every 3000 miles and does the scheduled maintenance like 30k,60k,etc but he uses Fram oil filters. Who do you think he will blame for being reliable if he has major internal engine problems?

Can i add some input? Yes i can :)

One word: Audi :D

Not usa,jap, but european car.

Anyone who drives a german car knows; german engineering is the finest available.

/fanboy input haha

audis are beautiful machines. but damn they have alot that go wrong with them. my dads got an a6 4.2 thats super fast and damn sexy but he just keeps putting money into it. they are awesome cars but are not very reliable.

I've yet to see a 2000 tacoma or nissan with ANY rotting. I've seen some 30 year old yotas and nissans rusted though.

The truck you posted isn't even 10 years old yet lol.... But I will give you credit, despite the fact that diesel engines are known to last longer than the average gasoline engine. 1.4 mil is an achievement. It's not uncommon to see a million mile Honda, volvo, or nissan with a gas engine. What do they say about diesel engines? Engine isn't even broken in till 100k?

I've yet to see a million mile ford though.

coming from someone who has owned 2 98 tacomas, and a die hard toyota truck fan, they are notorious for rusting. there was a recall for 95-00 tacomas for frames rotting out due to rust. toyota bought them back (including mine) for 1.5x kbb value. tacoma frames suck balls. they are not fully boxed and are very well known for rusting out like no other.

audis are beautiful machines. but damn they have alot that go wrong with them. my dads got an a6 4.2 thats super fast and damn sexy but he just keeps putting money into it. they are awesome cars but are not very reliable.

european cars are far better than eastern market cars.

and i agree with some of the people who say domestics arent reliable, but im talking about american made v8 and v6 cars, not a crappy taurus or crapolier.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

coming from someone who has owned 2 98 tacomas, and a die hard toyota truck fan, they are notorious for rusting. there was a recall for 95-00 tacomas for frames rotting out due to rust. toyota bought them back (including mine) for 1.5x kbb value. tacoma frames suck balls. they are not fully boxed and are very well known for rusting out like no other.

I had a 96 tacoma, hence the 96 in my name..... Never had a problem with rust. It was a stout little truck with 170k miles.

Archived