first, off, fords are made in mexico, they aren't american, : )

secondly, why are american cars so much more reliable than Japanese cars? i mean sure they dont get the same mileage most of the time... but the simple fact is they last longer, they dont have hopped up engines like imports...

and the argument that eastern cars have more power per cubic is a stupid argument, my 1971 Buick Riviera has its ORIGINAL 455 engine, only thing ive ever done was pull it and out on a new pan seal and head gasket, so why is it that all these new imports need a new part every week it seems like? they need higher displacement and higher efficiency and lower output. i just dont understand why jap cars are so good? i mean if you mid mounted a cheap Chevy 350 in a jap car it would preform amazingly, and if driven right, it would zip along with little gas usage.

and why are new cars so cheap? my mom was driving my Buick, and TOTALED a civic who hit HER head on, she was at a light and the guy in the newer civic was drunk, i know the Buick took out the rad, fucked up the hondas frame, and allot of other stuff, and u want to know what my Buick had? a slight bend in the front bumper. this car has been driven in my family for going on 30 years, its old, its heavy, and it gets driven like HELL, with like 400k on it. why is it that its still around and cars as new as 2000 are at the end of their life?

its just stupid to me. can anyone help me understand why cars are so cheap today?

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

You said this...earlier today...

come spring im gonna take my moms mercury villager(i dont have a ride yet) and most likely do a power system and audio upgrade, since im tired of not having a ride.

What happened to your 1971 Buick Riviera?? FTL

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

Every american car I've owned has outlasted the imports I've owned by far. But to be honest, if you drive properly and do checkups when you're supposed to, almost any car should last you 300,000 miles+

I have to agree that new cars are made cheaply these day. I have a 89 Chevrolet and a 97 Ford that both have well over 200,000 miles on them with not one major problem. While my moms 2009 Honda has been in the shop twice already.

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

in regards to the commment of the crash... read up on crumple zones etc. new cars are supposed to crumple around the driver to reduce the g forces of an accident....reducing injury to the driver. but sometimes it is rediculous. i dont feel that i should be able to smack the top edge of a (insert brand here) truck bed rail and dent it. older trucks were at least made more durable where it counts.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

Here:

Chevrolet Astro :USA

Chevrolet Avalanche :Mexico

Chevrolet Aveo :South Korea

Chevrolet Blazer :USA

Chevrolet Cavalier :USA

Chevrolet Cobalt :USA

Chevrolet Colorado :USA

Chevrolet Corvette :USA

Chevrolet Equinox :Canada

Chevrolet Express :USA

Chevrolet HHR :Mexico

Chevrolet Impala :Canada

Chevrolet Malibu :USA

Chevrolet Monte Carlo :Canada

Chevrolet Silverado 1500 :USA

Chevrolet SSR :USA

Chevrolet Suburban :Mexico, USA

Chevrolet Tahoe :USA

Chevrolet TrailBlazer :USA

Chevrolet Uplander :USA

Chevrolet Venture :USA

Ford Crown Victoria : Canada

Ford Econoline : USA

Ford Escape : USA

Ford Excursion : USA

Ford Expedition : USA

Ford Explorer : USA

Ford Explorer Sport Trac : USA

Ford F-150 : USA

Ford F-250/350 Super Duty : USA

Ford Five Hundred : USA

Ford Focus : USA

Ford Freestar : Canada

Ford Freestyle : USA

Ford Fusion : Mexico

Ford GT : USA

Ford Mustang : USA

Ford Ranger : USA

Ford Taurus : USA

Ford Thunderbird : USA

Those above are from 2006, but here's another place to look.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2009/06...o-plants-4.html

and the article.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/21/automobi...intro.html?_r=1

ABOUT 8.5 million cars and light trucks were assembled in the United States last year, but only about five million of those were made by the automakers traditionally known as the Big Three. More than three million of the vehicles assembled in American plants were built by autoworkers employed by foreign brands like BMW, Honda, Hyundai, Mercedes-Benz and Toyota.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

My 95 Jeep has over 200,000 miles. Just thought I'd throw that out there lol

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA