Sonic Electronix

What amp should I get???

An SVC 4 ohm sub means you can only wire it to 4 ohms, for budgets sake, you can buy an AQ1200D. Its a 1200W amp @ 1 ohm, but its 510W @ 4 ohms @ 14.4V. So assuming that electrical stays around 13-14, your sub should be safe. Its about $250 for the amp, which is pretty good, plus if you ever decide to go bigger you'll have an amp that can deliver power at lower impedances. Hope that helps!

An SVC 4 ohm sub means you can only wire it to 4 ohms, for budgets sake, you can buy an AQ1200D. Its a 1200W amp @ 1 ohm, but its 510W @ 4 ohms @ 14.4V. So assuming that electrical stays around 13-14, your sub should be safe. Its about $250 for the amp, which is pretty good, plus if you ever decide to go bigger you'll have an amp that can deliver power at lower impedances. Hope that helps!

Yeah I see good things about AQ's and I will for sure be going bigger in a few years but I heard about bridging a amp to 4ohms?? Could that work for my sub? Thanks

i got a hifonics colossus for sale

kia spectra 4 door

HU-a kenwood kdc-692x

optima red top under the hood ( kinetik battery or powermaster in the back )

Iraggi 260amp H/O alternator

1 set of knu kandy 1/0 guage wiring kit ( 2 more sets coming )

front speakers -

back speakers -

2 12" lv 4's with lvl 5 softparts ( going to be 4 in near future)

Sundown 3500d( going to be 2 sometime )

i have boughten from - Bass14(smd), ddbump(caraudioclassifieds)

i would say incriminator audio 20.1 it does 1,600 at 1 ohm 450 at 4 ohms you can get the amp straight from company

people who have bought from me Team Bassick (ALPINE) Purplehaze nidus

head unit sony dsx-s310btx
subs 2 12 incriminator audio king of bass
subs amp incriminator audio 20.1
mids/highs
mids/highs amp incriminator audio 6.4
equalizer clarion
crossover interfire
alternator 1 mechman 240amp
battery's xs power 1 d2100 2 d3100
sky high car audio 1/0 awg ofc wires

memphis car audio 1/0 ofc
xs power xs flex 4 awg

sky high car audio 8 gauge ofc

sky high car audio 12 gauge ofc

t spec rca

check out my building log http://www.stevemead...frey-build-log/

http://www.stevemead...d-other-things/

check out audio gear i have for sale
http://www.stevemead...51#entry1595151

Mechman_300x100px-2.jpg

3d7304fe.jpg

header3-1.gif

SkyHighCarAudio_zps27302c94.png

All these amps you guys talk about look good but are kinda expensive and I wouldn't be doing hardcore upgrade for a few years so I'm wondering what are my other options?? And is it bad to have a 4ohm 8ohm sub(s) because I'm not getting the jist of how an amp relates to a sub like ohm load and bridging and channels...hahaha sorry I'm a retard to this

you're not retarded, you're new....theres a differnce..here is some reading for you on ohms law..http://www.the12volt.com/ohm/ohmslaw.asp..read it, understand it, learn it....also remember you can buy a cheap amp that puts out 1000w, but it will be power hungry, and have to run 14 v to get there(if it ever does), or you buy a good amp that will consume a lil less power, and put out better power and perform better...

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

Archived