homemade home audio

Nice use of extra supplies. Im sure they work great for parties and you really dont have to worry about anything cosmetically damaging happening to em.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

When I was 15 I built my first speaker. It was a piece of plywood, not a box but a piece of 1/2" plywood. Cut a bunch of hole in it and mounted 6-8 old speakers I scavenged out of old boom boxes and radios. Wired it up parallel, I think, and connected it to my stereo. Yea, it sounded like shit but you gotta start somewhere.

is it me or could u wire car subs in a home theator setup because IF so i have a project i may do here in the next few months.

yeah you can, just make sure you wire them to match the impedance of your source.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

I'm gonna be building a new sub enclosure soon, so I'll have to post pics of that.

Currently I have a 10" RE seXXX (old ass SE with XXX softparts) in a big sonotube enclosure, but it doesn't weigh enough so when the bass hits it wobbles around, lol.

But it's loud enough to knock nails out of the drywall (literally). ;)

Team B2, Team Audiotechnix, Team Kicker, Team XS Power, Team Sundown, Team Maxxsonics, Team DD2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, S2, S3, S4, DB1) -1 DD 9510F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ .7 ohm strapped=154.2 headrest, 129.2 driveby-2 DD 9510F's + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=154.0 headrest-1 DD 9512F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=153.5 headrest, 131.1 Driveby

-2 DD 9512F + 2 B2 Zero1's @ .5 strapped= 157.0 headrest, 158.0 outlaw-1 Sundown SA-8 + 2 MB Quart 2000's=148.8 headrest, 150.6 outlaw

I was bored about 2 years ago because I wanted a nice loud and clear front stage, and I needed a TV stand

DSCI0144.jpg

DSCI0152.jpg

DSCI0154.jpg

DSCI0159.jpg

DSCI0029.jpg

I have wanted to toss this thing since I made it, but Iam just so comfortable with it. It was meant as a prototype, thats it, tried to sell it for like $300 all painted, speakers in, no grill as I promised I would make, and no bites. That is Speakers for free, and you get a entertainment center for free, oh well

What I have been wanting to do in place of this is Dipole front stage, 2- 8"s 1 compression driver per side, and 18" subwoofer in a tline

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

forever bumpin, thats legit as hell. My roomate and I want to build something similar because what we have now is a discount wal-mart stand rated for tv's half the size of mine, let alone 3 hefty speakers, receiver, cable box, etc

are those round columns pvc? sonotube?

and how did you paint it? resin and spraypaint? bedliner? i have the hardest time making mdf not look like shit with paint so i just always wrap it...

and i want to do a subwoofer thats better than my preloaded onkyo 8in, i was thinking 2-4 L5's and a nice bash plate amp, but im on the college budget atm.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

So i figured i'd update this just to let people know it actually works really damn well. We've had like 2 little parties here since we made them and have yet to blow them, and even had a few audio fans compliment them and ask where to get them. so moral of the story is, if you have some old car speakers laying around and shitty HT speakers, car audio works great in the house.

oh, and qu1cks1lver, your sig is literally a full page of a 14 inch laptop screen.

Ha, didn't realize it was that big. Thanks for the heads up I'll def. shrink it.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

you guys make some real tight stuff

impressive

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

forever bumpin, thats legit as hell. My roomate and I want to build something similar because what we have now is a discount wal-mart stand rated for tv's half the size of mine, let alone 3 hefty speakers, receiver, cable box, etc

are those round columns pvc? sonotube?

and how did you paint it? resin and spraypaint? bedliner? i have the hardest time making mdf not look like shit with paint so i just always wrap it...

and i want to do a subwoofer thats better than my preloaded onkyo 8in, i was thinking 2-4 L5's and a nice bash plate amp, but im on the college budget atm.

thanks man

that is 4" PVC used as legs

Doing it this way well, I have no issues with moving speakers around, or anything it was fun. I eventually wanted to do the same thing with like 12- 4" speakers, and 3 tweeters, and the bottom shelf with like a 8" in a tline all down firing hidden from sight, but wasn't enough interest in this one, so I didn't make the smaller speaker one. I may make one still though, just way to many projects

Its all primered, then coated withe bedliner spray, then gloss black, then clear, looks good in person, but the texture of the bedliner REALLY pics up the dust, and you cant wipe it, it needs to be air blown off :-(

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived