Check out the SMD Store @ WcCarAudio.com!

Would a 270 amp alt, a D3400 up front, and 2 D3100s be okay for about 4500wrms? If my voltage regulator is set to 14.7 volts, how much drop would you expect?

Where is the best place to buy from?

For batteries? Mechman (mechman.com) is an authorized dealer and offer good prices for these batteries.

Are these ratings based on RMS pull of the amps or max pull of the amps?

Edited by JBurt09

Are these ratings based on RMS pull of the amps or max pull of the amps?

RMS, noone even looks at max ratings.

I would recommend the D5100R for upfront and then a 2 or 3 D6500 and you should be ok. 3 D1200s or 4 D925s would be the minimum to run and that is if you have enough alt power.

thank you Nathan, could you pm me a price? i can't seem to find the D6500 anywhere. i got prices from you on facebook, thanks.

Edited by mhart

hey im sorry to say this im not to sure if i understand the potential of these sx power batteries, i think i need more information, i don't understand the new technology in these batteries, i know you are saying that they differ from standard batteries because they are designed for power on demand, as far as i can understand from looking at the above posts is that instead of running 2 or more high power alternators and 1 or 2 standard batteries you can run only one high power alternator and 4 sx power batteries if you dont have space for extra alternators and still somehow have the same power even though there is only 1 alternator, how do you get extra amps out of these batteries, it almost seems like even though there is 1 high power alternator it still wont be putting out enough power to charge the batteries because you are relying on batteries for the power and not the alternator.

please help me here because i feel like i have started stumbling down the wrong road

Edited by alan wilson

How long do this batterys last when they are taken care of as in slow charging then once in a while