Second Skin Audio

2 15" cvx's sealed or ported?

im wanting them to slam hard but still sound clean so i was thinking about building a sealed enclosure but i want my subs to be heard from like down the street. and i dont know if the sealed box will do that for me, because right now i have 2 12's in a ported box at 1000 rms and my friend says he can hear me coming down his street. and the 15's will be at 2600 watts rms by the way

1)Alpine CDA-117

1)hifonics brutus bxi 2610

1)hifonics zeus zxi6410

3)Alpine sps-600c

2)Fi BL d1 15s fully loaded

CVX's will most likely NOT take 1300 watts each. second, you amp will NOT put out that power. if you want a decent sound and loud, go ported and tune around 30-32 hz. i've heard CVX's sealed and it just didnt sound right

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

im wanting them to slam hard but still sound clean so i was thinking about building a sealed enclosure but i want my subs to be heard from like down the street. and i dont know if the sealed box will do that for me, because right now i have 2 12's in a ported box at 1000 rms and my friend says he can hear me coming down his street. and the 15's will be at 2600 watts rms by the way

[/quot

Port it!!! If you call Kicker and ask for tech support and tell them what you have and what you are looking to do they will give you the best box specs for what you want. A buddy of mine is doin a box for 6 cvx 15s at about 4 cubes per sub including displacements. Tune the box to 33-35 hz depending on your desired sound.

CVX's will most likely NOT take 1300 watts each. second, you amp will NOT put out that power. if you want a decent sound and loud, go ported and tune around 30-32 hz. i've heard CVX's sealed and it just didnt sound right

well then if the amp wont put out that much power then i dont have to worry about sending too much to the subs

1)Alpine CDA-117

1)hifonics brutus bxi 2610

1)hifonics zeus zxi6410

3)Alpine sps-600c

2)Fi BL d1 15s fully loaded

Ported would be the best...but what type of vehicle is this going in?

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Ported, More Air Movement FTMFW!!!!!!

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017