Mike Jones clipped

well yesterday driving home i played mike jones - got it sewed up (remix) and i heard a loud bang inside my truck (no idea what it was) but it was only at 1 certain point in the song, happened twice (no bass, just mids n highs and amp in right now), so i came home, read up on decaf on how to check for clipping, and found out this song is clipped, now i manged to get some what of a picture of it, is this just a song not to play, or is this much ok to play just not hella loud?

untitled.jpg

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

well yesterday driving home i played mike jones - got it sewed up (remix) and i heard a loud bang inside my truck (no idea what it was) but it was only at 1 certain point in the song, happened twice (no bass, just mids n highs and amp in right now), so i came home, read up on decaf on how to check for clipping, and found out this song is clipped, now i manged to get some what of a picture of it, is this just a song not to play, or is this much ok to play just not hella loud?

untitled.jpg

I'm not sure Windows media player actually gives an accurate reading. If you notice there are black bars above and below the visualization. Makes it look like clipping. I am looking for software to find out for sure. If anyone has software suggestions please leave a link or name. Thanks!!

01 Crown Vic

Kenwood HU

iPad mounted

MTX 1501D amp

2 12" MTX 7500 subs

Stock alt and batt

http://www.youtube.com/user/jasonleshuk/videos

i know when i put the song into audacity and click on show clipping, it has a bunch of red bars through out the song

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

i know when i put the song into audacity and click on show clipping, it has a bunch of red bars through out the song

I don't honestly see a problem playing this song, I have played this song tons of times, and have yet ran into a hot cone or any problems what so ever.

I just checked out this song in WMV and Audacity, and it seems like it's showing clipping on every other kick. I honestly wouldn't be worried and would still play the song, I know I am. I've also been playing the Tech N9ne K.O.D CD which has clipped kicks, but I have yet ran into a hot cone or any problems what so ever.

I don't look at clipping the other ways people have said on here. Clipping just makes it so the sub doesn't move as much as it's suppose to, so it lowers the cooling power and makes the coils get hotter quicker and it reduces how much head is let off. I don't honestly see a problem with clipped kicks unless you are continuing to play songs that have clipped kicks, at full tilt, for hours at a time. Just my opinion on the clipping topic though.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Clipping won't make a bang sound when it happens, its something in the track making the noise your hearing.

hmm, maybe it was at a point in the song it made the mids bottom out? im over powering my coax also, so that doesn't help

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

if in doubt just play it lower or just wait for the smell of the sub voice coil burning, unless they are old then just let it burn ^_^

94 Toyota Scepter Wagon

H/U: JVC KD-R805

AMP: Rockford Fosgate 401s Punch Bass 1200W

SUBS: 2x 12" 350W Pioneer VCS

SPEAKERS: Front SONY-XSGTX1621S 260W component speakers with tweeters and crossovers Rear 6x9 100W Pioneers

ENCLOSURE: Prefab box non ported

CAP: 1.0 Farid

niko_bellic_nck.png

if in doubt just play it lower or just wait for the smell of the sub voice coil burning, unless they are old then just let it burn ^_^

well i think i found out what that sound was, i changed BAND 1 on my EQ on my deck from 40hz, to 60 hz, and it seems to not do it during that song (also found out that it did it on a jay-z's new song) so i figured it wasn't the mike jones song) so far so good, i guess it was the speaker distorting. but i check very often if my coils get warm as my subs sit right behind my head so its nothing to reach around and feel the cone.

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

Clipped song is generally fine...a clipped amp is not good at all

Mild clipping I can deal with...but as I've said a bunch of times, Timbaland's music horrifically clipped...I dl'd Shock Value 2 to see if its as bad as his 1st one and yes it is...what you see in ur pic is probably quick clip during a kick, if you watch Timbaland's music (any of his songs) its long huge clipped bass notes...I only kept two songs just to see how they sound even though they are clipped

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

I don't look at clipping the other ways people have said on here. Clipping just makes it so the sub doesn't move as much as it's suppose to, so it lowers the cooling power and makes the coils get hotter quicker and it reduces how much head is let off. I don't honestly see a problem with clipped kicks unless you are continuing to play songs that have clipped kicks, at full tilt, for hours at a time. Just my opinion on the clipping topic though.

ur right except for this

clipping will make ur subs move more than usual, because of the added power from the dc waves

this 1) lowers its ability to get rid of heat as fast and 2) can overexcurt ur sub as well since most clips are crest to trough notes usually 26-30db (30db being as loud as u can go)

imo that clip isnt bad enough to not play the song

if u have lil waynes - tha carter 3, look that thru on WMP and ull get more familiar with what big clips look like

and yes WMP is an accurate osciloscope

TeamSundown-sig.jpg