Feeler about Wire

ooooh

so youre not hiding it, just noone can get it which is why noone uses it

question answering itself.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

my only thoughts on that is why buy wire for more that is less strand count less density then what is available.

lets say a 6200 strand wire and a 4700 strand wire is the same thickness, there will be less air between strands in 6200 wire then there would be in the 4700 strand wire.

RF doesn't make 2/0 anymore

i mistyped the 6200 even in this response its 6370, also the wire is more equivalent to normal 2/0 wires in depth

no qualms either way from me im just trying to understand why people buy inferior product for more money when a higher quality product is available at a cheaper price point.

no feelings either way from me on it just trying to get ideas

Then why not just have it labeled 2/0???

What makes the wire so cheap for the consumer? How can the dealer sell it so cheap? How flexible is it compared to Kolossus Fleks Kable? Again, how can some one sell it for so cheap IF it is actual 100% copper?

Derp.

Then why not just have it labeled 2/0???

What makes the wire so cheap for the consumer? See below How can the dealer sell it so cheap? no middle men so no people to pay to bring the markup up How flexible is it compared to Kolossus Fleks Kable? more flexable Again, how can some one sell it for so cheap IF it is actual 100% copper? again see below

because companies like Knu and Stinger are marking up the wire more then needed so that in the end you as a consumer pay more.

better OFC than you know and love cheaper when theres not that huge markup.

As a consumer a few things can happen

1. you can buy the better wire for cheaper

2. wait for other companies to lower their prices on wire to TRY to compete, which they will NOT do considering theres the notion that the economy is crap and

coppers going up up up in price.

3. sit on your stinger wire while everyone else uses superior product getting more current flow for less money

Mainly the question at hand, Is that name worth your money if you can get a guaranteed better product for less of your money?

If and when a said product is available would not knowing the name prevent you from using it over a knu 5200 strands or stinger 4200 strands or rf and kickers 4700?

It could be labeled 2/0 and you get charged more for 2/0 , its kinda the same premise as why dont sundown call a 3000d a 3500d if it does 3500 or RF call a T4000 a T5000 if it will do 4800. The market demands more for your money nowadays.

Would you purchase a 4k amp that does near 5k rms or would you purchase a 5k amp for more that does 4800rms?

Same with subwoofers, why should wire be any different considering neither of the previous analogies are worth anything without wire :)

my only thoughts on that is why buy wire for more that is less strand count less density then what is available.

lets say a 6200 strand wire and a 4700 strand wire is the same thickness, there will be less air between strands in 6200 wire then there would be in the 4700 strand wire.

RF doesn't make 2/0 anymore

i mistyped the 6200 even in this response its 6370, also the wire is more equivalent to normal 2/0 wires in depth

no qualms either way from me im just trying to understand why people buy inferior product for more money when a higher quality product is available at a cheaper price point.

no feelings either way from me on it just trying to get ideas

Hey James I added more personal info in Post #17. I guess its a loyalty thing with me.

James I think it is really great what you are doing and what you are working on and it would be benificial to all of us and it did sound like you wanted some critisim too.

I had NO idea that the strands in your wire was going to be the same diameter as the other brands. Stinger, RF, etc,etc. I thought you were talking about standardized 1/0 that had a smaller diameter strands but just had more of it. I did not realize it was going to be closer to 2/0 and yes under those circumstances I would be willing to drop my name brand wire for a product like this as you would be doing our community a huge favor exspecially since you let out the info you just let out with it being more like 2/0 and for one hell of a price.

I think you know me well enough to know that I'm not trying to start any problems. I was just giveing my point of veiw. Not bashing,Trashing, or anything else that could be taken negatively. I was just doing what I think you were wanting done in this thread. Opinions wether good or bad.

Hell the 2/0 you might be doing for the price you are doing it for, I might be one of your first buyers.

Lol worst case scenario we'll just have Stinger printed on it with a backwards t (J) or do it in capitols and do an upside done N. :rofl:

(Everyone please realize that this comment is just a joke.)

With all respect James,

__________________Jon S

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

To some people its all about the name. That's why they'll spend so much money for the inferior product.

Why do you consider Stinger Power wire an inferior product?

Whats bull shit is paying the $8.00 to $850 a foot for 1/0 at our local Stinger dealers hence why I was so happy to find bagboy/Darvex many years ago.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

id step away from name brand for a better product.

I got my 0 gauge from an ebay store that calls it superfat wire. ordered it once and xscorpion came. ordered more about a year later and it was IMC cable. same thinkness as xscorpion.. and still copper too.

hell.. thats why i went with sundown for amps... i had never heard of them but was reccomended by many ppl.. turned out good for me

Hey James I added more personal info in Post #17. I guess its a loyalty thing with me.

James I think it is really great what you are doing and what you are working on and it would be benificial to all of us and it did sound like you wanted some critisim too.

I had NO idea that the strands in your wire was going to be the same diameter as the other brands. Stinger, RF, etc,etc. I thought you were talking about standardized 1/0 that had a smaller diameter strands but just had more of it. I did not realize it was going to be closer to 2/0 and yes under those circumstances I would be willing to drop my name brand wire for a product like this as you would be doing our community a huge favor exspecially since you let out the info you just let out with it being more like 2/0 and for one hell of a price.

I think you know me well enough to know that I'm not trying to start any problems. I was just giveing my point of veiw. Not bashing,Trashing, or anything else that could be taken negatively. I was just doing what I think you were wanting done in this thread. Opinions wether good or bad.

Hell the 2/0 you might be doing for the price you are doing it for, I might be one of your first buyers.

Lol worst case scenario we'll just have Stinger printed on it with a backwards t (J) or do it in capitols and do an upside done N. :rofl:

(Everyone please realize that this comment is just a joke.)

With all respect James,

__________________Jon S

no problems at all, im just trying to get people to open up and be totally honest with their thoughts on the subject.

im totally honest when it comes to products i don't care about a name on something if it sucks i'll say so, and if its nice i'll give props

no problems at all, im just trying to get people to open up and be totally honest with their thoughts on the subject.

im totally honest when it comes to products i don't care about a name on something if it sucks i'll say so, and if its nice i'll give props

I fully understand.

:clapping::good:

Terryswork001.png

I would be in for some rolls of this without question.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived