Second Skin Audio

DC or AQ??? need opinions

tiller1

dude they arent even the same speaker at all

not even comparable

the aq sdc 2.5 10s are 129 each and both speakers (dc and aq)are rated at 600w rms

x2!!!!

TNCB

....my damn room was shaking, im like wtf is this how am i gonna die jakin off to vida guerra?

dude they arent even the same speaker at all

not even comparable

the aq sdc 2.5 10s are 129 each and both speakers (dc and aq)are rated at 600w rms

Guess they are the same price then.... its a matter of preference.

SUNDOWN SA-8 is still in preorder. I don't think anyone on hear have heard of it in person.

My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O -

2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db

2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db

Powered by: Sundown Audio

Guess they are the same price then.... its a matter of preference.

SUNDOWN SA-8 is still in preorder. I don't think anyone on hear have heard of it in person.

is sundown a good brand??? im mean subwoofer wise?

i mean they look like little beasts im just wondering if there gunna get with it???

"yes... it will play like that all day!"

is sundown a good brand??? im mean subwoofer wise?

i mean they look like little beasts im just wondering if there gunna get with it???

Everything I have read on multiple forums says yes.

I don't know that I've ever heard a negative things said about them.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

The ADC2.5s are freaking beast I ran mine off 900rms and clipped the freaking shit out it forever and it took a long time to fry. The HDC3s would need like 1300rms each, with copper coils, to get really loud, but would sound good with 1k each. The SDC2.5s have awesome accuracy and sound amazing. I've never heard DCs in person, so I can comment much on them. But if you ran the HDC3s you would need to upgrade your eletrical, alot.

**DD and AQ are owned by the same family, which is why they have the same build types.

i would do dc over aq i had one there loaded 18s with alum coil cone is super flimsy.... dc over aq for sure

cone is flimsy? You trying to use it as a trampoline :huh:

both companies make good products. Many on my team run AQ/DD subs and one guy ran DC last year, but switched to DD's this year.

Off an AQ1200D you should NOT be looking at a pair of HDC's as you won't have the power to push them. As Decaf said the SDC is what you'd want.

I've done a few builds with 2 SDC's off a 1200D and they were quite impressive for budget set ups....

cone is flimsy? You trying to use it as a trampoline :huh:

both companies make good products. Many on my team run AQ/DD subs and one guy ran DC last year, but switched to DD's this year.

Off an AQ1200D you should NOT be looking at a pair of HDC's as you won't have the power to push them. As Decaf said the SDC is what you'd want.

I've done a few builds with 2 SDC's off a 1200D and they were quite impressive for budget set ups....

finally someone not riding dc's nuts, lol

i feel like they are under utilized (sdc's), people always think aq is just about spl and that high tuning ruins the response

compare a re se, dc lvl3, aq sdc and sundown sa and they are all in the same boat w/600w rms

hdcs should not be even in this convo with so little power

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

i feel like they are under utilized (sdc's), people always think aq is just about spl and that high tuning ruins the response

compare a re se, dc lvl3, aq sdc and sundown sa and they are all in the same boat w/600w rms

hdcs should not be even in this convo with so little power

2x....

all brands mentioned offer excellent woofers....

Tiller1... just as a side note... and i believe that others will agree with me on this...

its all about the build quality... equipment is only 10% of your build... the other 90% is box design and build quality...

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack

Archived