steven Posted February 14, 2010 Report Posted February 14, 2010 Down right scary. I had a battery tip in my car once arced over and burned part of my trunk thank god I was driving so I could put it out and salvage some stuff. I cant imagine seeing this. Ps since everyone a few people are getting a little critical in here sorry man I dunno what could have went wrong or caused the fire not experienced enough to know lol, but good luck with it.
Dr.Watson Posted February 14, 2010 Report Posted February 14, 2010 this definitely doesnt look like it was started in the trunk. more like mid car. IMO
Loudintha509 Posted February 14, 2010 Report Posted February 14, 2010 yeah thats kinda krazy how that dude dro went off. have you contacted your insurance company yet or get any response. I wish every body had beat so I wouldnt have to turn my shit down. Fosgate for life running there shit since I was 16 going on 15 years strong. Not stopping any time soon.
tristan560 Posted February 14, 2010 Report Posted February 14, 2010 I went and saw where the car was parked when it was on fire...definitely wasnt a small fire. There soot all over the building. scorch marks all over the ground. <u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u> Systemless. <u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u> DC XL 12 on 1.5k tuned lowwwwww.
AlpineKid Posted February 14, 2010 Report Posted February 14, 2010 WOW. glad your ok man, that is so crazy @ _ @ I'm paranoid about my whip bursting into flames now lol, best of luck with insurance! /////ALPINE
Baydestrian Posted February 14, 2010 Report Posted February 14, 2010 Already been said, insurance companies make you pay extra for sound systems in your policy...its not stock with the car so they don't cover it unless you pay the money to cover it Also, CARFAX is ok but truthfully not everything done to the car is reported...if you take it to a shop (other than a dealer) it is most likely not going to be on the CARFAX...especially if you do the work yourself Sorry about your car though man...I'd be pissed if mine caught on fire suddenly 2015 Mazda 6 JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm 2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical
Guest Posted February 14, 2010 Report Posted February 14, 2010 kandi cant you ban this fucking idiot please? dumbest motherfucker on this forum next to Akpride IMHO. anywho, back on topic, i really hope you can get your shit together (getting another car etc) in the mean time.
STEvil Posted February 14, 2010 Report Posted February 14, 2010 I'd be tempted to say it was a power wire that grounded out. Even if you have say a 250A fuse at both ends thats 500A of current capability to make to the ground point. It takes only seconds for that to make enough heat to start a fire. Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame, put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The casing is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and will eventually wear through. gonna put that in my sig I think. MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..." Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through. Hammerdown... 1% no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.
Blackedout Posted February 14, 2010 Report Posted February 14, 2010 I know exactly how it feels to look over and see your shit blazing..... I'd say sorry, but it won't help anything. I hope insurance pulls through man. Batteries are no joke... I won't ever put a battery in my car again unless it is in a fully enclosed box where the terminals have no chance of hitting anything. It honestly looks like the car caught on fire on the passenger side. We the power wires running on the right side? It looks like it caught fire in multiple spots.... Did you have the rear battery fused? Trunk Build Log
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.