Sonic Electronix

WHERE is the damn wiring harness?

According to best buy the wiring harness they sold me actually is correct and the ones in the car I found are not the ones I need to hook up my stereo, the ones I found are apperenty fed down to another wiring harness and that is the one I need to hook into which is apperently also where the antenna cable is...but where the hell is it and how do I get to it? Here is pics of the harnesses and what the harnesses go into..

GEDC2520.jpg

They get fed into a jumble of wires and electrical tape/wire loom, I have no idea where to find the right harness

GEDC2522.jpg

Please help!!!

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Two 12" Sony Xplode (temporary)

According to best buy the wiring harness they sold me actually is correct and the ones in the car I found are not the ones I need to hook up my stereo, the ones I found are apperenty fed down to another wiring harness and that is the one I need to hook into which is apperently also where the antenna cable is...but where the hell is it and how do I get to it? Here is pics of the harnesses and what the harnesses go into..

GEDC2520.jpg

They get fed into a jumble of wires and electrical tape/wire loom, I have no idea where to find the right harness

GEDC2522.jpg

Please help!!!

it goes into the blue part

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333

Doesnt fit, thats why i thought they sold me the wrong harness but they said it was correct. They of course could still be wrong, but if it is the blue harness than what about the black one next to it and where is the antenna cable?

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

it goes into the blue part

metraonline.com has a fit guide that show some type of Bose Amp and tuner integration/relocation harness. It shows a standard 1858 harness on one end. The ones in the photo you show don't look similar. Wtf? I think I am asleep.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

metraonline.com has a fit guide that show some type of Bose Amp and tuner integration/relocation harness. It shows a standard 1858 harness on one end. The ones in the photo you show don't look similar. Wtf? I think I am asleep.

The wiring harness they show is the same one best buy sold me (minus the black wire on the side), so thats how Im confused. I really need to figure out how to get this done cause I do not want to pay $75 for the shop to do it.

Edited by Velvetdreams21

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

many of the cadillacs I have done had the factory amp and radio tuner in the trunk. Sometimes on the back seat, sometimes in one of th rear side panels. But I haven't done of those models in a while, so I don't remember.

the amp is on the back seat in the trunk somewhere. That is from the forum on the12volt.com. That harness they sold you shoud plug to the output side of the factory amp and that will send signal to yopur factory speakers. But you will have to run 4 pair of speaker wires (some cars need antenna extension) from the harness in the trunk up to the front at the cd player(as well as 12volt constant, swiched and maybe ground, or find a good ground at the dash). Run and antenna 12volt turn on if you have a power antenna. 70$ isn't a bad price really if you trust the shop and have seen some of their installs. That's about what we charge at work. 35-45 on the cd install, and 25 more to run the wires to the trunk and bypass the amp. Hope that helps you out.

hehehe ifits a caddy (dont know since it didnt say) you have to extend the wires on that thing all the way to the trunk. should be on the pass side somehwere.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

really helps to say what car.

year make and model.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

the amp is on the back seat in the trunk somewhere. That is from the forum on the12volt.com. That harness they sold you shoud plug to the output side of the factory amp and that will send signal to yopur factory speakers. But you will have to run 4 pair of speaker wires (some cars need antenna extension) from the harness in the trunk up to the front at the cd player(as well as 12volt constant, swiched and maybe ground, or find a good ground at the dash). Run and antenna 12volt turn on if you have a power antenna. 70$ isn't a bad price really if you trust the shop and have seen some of their installs. That's about what we charge at work. 35-45 on the cd install, and 25 more to run the wires to the trunk and bypass the amp. Hope that helps you out.

oooh this is gonna suck...yea Im going to need to have the shop do it then. And he quoted me at $75 but Im not sure he realizes he will need to run it to the trunk. Hopefully he doesnt charge too much more when he finds out

really helps to say what car.

year make and model.

I say what yea make and model in every post, its the only thing I have in my signature

Jensen UV10 DVD HU