yeah, so theres this 87 supra im looking into buying, as it sits it has had a blown head gasket for 3 years on a 7mge non turbo engine, but the supra comes with an additonal 7mgte turbo engine, he said that engine smokes alot. i was thinking, tear down the 7mge, clean it, and put a new head gasket, and build the 7mgte for a year or 2, throw in a stronger bottom end, ported head, and a larger turbo.

i dont know much about the mark 3 supras, anyone know if this is a good deal at at $700?

heres what it looks like.

033.jpg

031.jpg

035.jpg

he bought it off the back of a wrecker about to be crushed.

but yeah, what do you guys think? im broke as a joke so i cant really afford much more haha.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

if you are broke then buying a project car is not the way id be spending money.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

if you are broke then buying a project car is not the way id be spending money.

im broke, but that dosent mean i dont know my way around an engine. for my 71 buick i have torn down 2 455, and rebuilt them, sold one for 1k and kept the other for the buick. i know what im doing with engines and such, but dont have very deep pockets. all that supra would need is for the engine to be dropped, cleaned, new seals, and its right as rain.

im just asking if its worth the $700 price tag or not. i think it is but ive never owned a toyota, or any sports car, and i sure as shit havent sat in a supra, you never see them around here.

Edited by BanginOnABudget

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

more pics of the body and ill tell you if its worth the 700... soo far it looks clean those motors can be fixed cheap and put power to them cheaply..

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

as long as the body and underneath are in good condition ( no rust holes on body or soft spots) id say it is worth the 700. check ur brake lines and stuff like that also.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

im broke, but that dosent mean i dont know my way around an engine. for my 71 buick i have torn down 2 455, and rebuilt them, sold one for 1k and kept the other for the buick. i know what im doing with engines and such, but dont have very deep pockets. all that supra would need is for the engine to be dropped, cleaned, new seals, and its right as rain.

im just asking if its worth the $700 price tag or not. i think it is but ive never owned a toyota, or any sports car, and i sure as shit havent sat in a supra, you never see them around here.

knowing your way around is one thing. paying for parts is another. if youve done project cars before that 700 can become thousands fast.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

knowing your way around is one thing. paying for parts is another. if youve done project cars before that 700 can become thousands fast.

most replacement parts i could most likely make at school, and my grandfathers bestest buddy manages a local orileys, where my grandfather has a tab open. he knows im good for the money, first thing i do in tax season is repay debts. for beat i was thinking a t3 1000 12" or a team psi sub, if i get beat that is. i was also thinking of venturing into making my own sub. a 3" coil 12". but i dont know, i should be looking at the supra tommorow or this weekend, so more info then.

Edited by BanginOnABudget

24pm3xe.jpg

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

i'd say go for it, but i'd also try talking him down by 100 or 150 from that 700. I'd say you have the advantage because not many people are going to want to buy car with a blown engine. Oh, and i'd ask to see if you can run a compression test on that second motor so you can get a better idea of why its smoking- just my .02

Orion 2500D, Jbl Gto 75.4

Team Wolfpack Audio FSQ 15" d2, mb quart xover, tweets peerless 6.5 mids

Alpine cda-105

optima up front Knu klm 1/0