Second Skin Audio

port placement in trunk (opinions)

building a box for two 15 DC LVL4 15's, using aero ports.should i do subs up port's to the rear,or should i fire the subs to the rear and the ports to the drivers side fire wall?subs are going into a 07 impala, the seats don't fold down.just wondering wich way would give me better output. normaly i would just fire everything back twords the trunk lid but not enough room.was also thinking subs up ports up,thats the way i had it in my last car and it sounded great, but the seats in that car folded down not sure that it would sound as good in this one.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

im suprised they dont fold down my 06 seats fold down, little loop on the side in the crease of the back, closet to the door on each side. man that really is a bummer.

Edited by cubs_fan0718

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

in a trunk car, subs back, port back is generaly the best. sub up port back is more for SUVs

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

yeah it does suck,my seats have two bolts at the base of the seat and three slots at the top.i have the room i need in the trunk thats not going to be a issue just debating on wich way to fire the ports.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

subs back ports back is def the way to go,but i just dont have enough room on the baffel for six four inch aeros and two 15 inch subs.only have about 42'' from side to side.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

oh ok. maybe subs back and port through the rear deck. if your ok with cutting up the rear deck that is. do a slot port instead of the flared ports.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

42x whats your hight?

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

to be honest,i have never built a slot port.i asked around about paying some one to design one and was told i didn't have enough room for a slot port . i know i have enough room for areos,so figured just go for what i know how to do.as far as cutting the rear deck,I'm really not wanting to do that just yet.trying to keep the stock look,but that was a good idea brotha.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

measurements I'm going with are 16Hx36Wx28D it's going to give me 7.35 after sub displacement, i have room to play with depending on which way i go as far as sub and port positioning.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt