Playa Named Joe Posted February 16, 2010 Report Posted February 16, 2010 Anyone had experiance with the DD 1000b series 8" subs? Or the Loaded Enclosoures with the 250 rms 8s or 10s? I been thinking of downgrading to this, I'm in the need of cash right now and I figured that DD would make good boxes, if they don't I'd get a 1500 10" and make my own box, but I was thinking of getting 2 Preloaded DD boxes with 8s if they won't make me a single box for 2 8's. Anyone with 8s, tell me if they get low? High? Loud? Quiet? Good SQ? Never really banged with 8s, had 10s and they bumped. I would problay keep my amp, so at 4 ohms 485 rms, 2 ohms 863 rms 1345 at 1 ohm.. so I was looking to run eighter 2 or 4 ohmed. 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix build
n8ball2013 Posted February 16, 2010 Report Posted February 16, 2010 I have two 1508s in my daily driver. They are stupid for 8s. I almost peed a little when the bass kicked in for the first time. It was far more than I was expecting. 2 1508s 2.15 cubes tuned to 36 hz. I think 36 sq inches of port. somwhere in that ball park. They tickle my throat and make the hair on my neck move a little. lol. yes from two 8s. why buy the loaded enclosure though? its 300 for the two 8s or so and then 80 bucks to build a box if not less. 2 dvc 1508s and your amp would be fun. run it at one ohm THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
treossi Posted February 16, 2010 Report Posted February 16, 2010 i like the 15 series dd's even the 500 series 12 from dd is nice Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details
Playa Named Joe Posted February 16, 2010 Author Report Posted February 16, 2010 I have two 1508s in my daily driver. They are stupid for 8s. I almost peed a little when the bass kicked in for the first time. It was far more than I was expecting. 2 1508s 2.15 cubes tuned to 36 hz. I think 36 sq inches of port. somewhere in that ball park. They tickle my throat and make the hair on my neck move a little. lol. yes from two 8s. why buy the loaded enclosure though? its 300 for the two 8s or so and then 80 bucks to build a box if not less. 2 dvc 1508s and your amp would be fun. run it at one ohm I'm strapped for cash and need some, so I'm DOWNGRADING, 400 to spend on new subs and stuff isn't exactly was I'm look for right now, I have a 15 Fi BL, fully loaded that I just paid about $400 for... so I'm looking to sell that and downgrade with a little left over... I would maybe get the 1000series, depending on how much they are. Just waiting on a another email. I don't wanna run that much wattage, my alts going out and I need a new one, I think. I was going to just keep everything and buy a Iraggi 200 amp alt but I need cash now. i like the 15 series dd's even the 500 series 12 from dd is nice I guess the preloaded enclosures come with like something a little less then the 500 series? They are rated 250rms, the 500 series is 300. 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix build
Playa Named Joe Posted February 16, 2010 Author Report Posted February 16, 2010 I could run 1 1500 10", but Idk how that would sound. I would probably get a DD box for it, or build my own, again depends on how much they cost, I would get a 12, but I can't have it vertical in my trunk. Or depending on rpice I would run 2 1000b series 8s A list of what I would run; 1 DD 1500 Series 10" sub 2 DD 1000 Series 8" subs 2 DDLE 8's (DD boxes, 250 rms subs) Only if I can get $300 out of my BL, if not, then only 1 2 DDLE 10's (DD boxes, 250 rms subs) Only if I can get $300 out of my BL, if not, then only 1 Also been thinking about 2 or so of some ReX 8s, I have an RE10 and if took 500 rms like a champ. So I know that they are good quality and cheap, can get 2 8s for less then $100 shipped. 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix build
Boon Posted February 16, 2010 Report Posted February 16, 2010 I've played with the 10" enclosure. It gets down for what it is. Doesn't take much power to get loud, the box finish is really nice, comes with a solid grill too so all good if you're throwing stuff in the back with it. They won't take huge amounts of power and the frequency response is less than flat. But for the money, they are solid. 10.x volts fo' life!
wL<3bass Posted February 17, 2010 Report Posted February 17, 2010 DD1508.... one of my favorite 8s I've ever played with.... Get loud too....and still sounds great. Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4 Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2" Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400 Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube) Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors) Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex My YouTube Videos My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build My "Seamless" Looking Box Build My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer) My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer) My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk My feedback/references...
treossi Posted February 17, 2010 Report Posted February 17, 2010 id do a 15 series 10 build a box call it a day Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details
jrplayer36 Posted February 17, 2010 Report Posted February 17, 2010 Anyone had experiance with the DD 1000b series 8" subs? Or the Loaded Enclosoures with the 250 rms 8s or 10s? I been thinking of downgrading to this, I'm in the need of cash right now and I figured that DD would make good boxes, if they don't I'd get a 1500 10" and make my own box, but I was thinking of getting 2 Preloaded DD boxes with 8s if they won't make me a single box for 2 8's. Anyone with 8s, tell me if they get low? High? Loud? Quiet? Good SQ? Never really banged with 8s, had 10s and they bumped. I would problay keep my amp, so at 4 ohms 485 rms, 2 ohms 863 rms 1345 at 1 ohm.. so I was looking to run eighter 2 or 4 ohmed.I can get the 500 series 12's for ya brand new never used. If interested just pm me and i can give you a price. jrplayer36
jrplayer36 Posted February 17, 2010 Report Posted February 17, 2010 Or there is 2 10's also the 500 series. jrplayer36
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.