Alarm brands: Any brand? Does brand matter 2 u?

Was shopping for alarm recently and noticed theres a lot of no name alarms out there. They look damn close to the same transmitter as bigger alarm companys. Of course a alarm is only good as the installer:Here's the brands i would look for because I am aware of them:CliffordUngoCode-Alarm CrimestopperDEI (they may own some of these other companys)AvitalHornetAlpine (least they used to make alarms)Prestige Black WidowAuto PageDoes brand matter 2 u?

I've had many alarms and they only do so much. You gotta make it impossible to take apart your system. Use allen head screws, bolt down speaker pods/enclosures, take apart your dash and bolt in the h/u from the back if you can. Just remember if it's easy for you to take out someone will take it.......alarm or notDon't get me wrong I have an alarm but it's a back-up to making it hard to get my shit out. BTW I've lost around 10g's in stolen equipment with good/great alarms and others have lost more....Make it so they have to take the whole car to get your stuff, then have it so the alarm keeps them from being able to take your car

I agree 100% with AP Zoutes.  I use security screws on my subs and amps.  Head unit is strapped from the back.  I think allen heads are a great idea too, because I don't think many thieves carry around allen wrenches or socket sets.  Then again, they could just tear it all apart and steal it anyway.I've got the Autopage 855 with all the accesories, no batt backup though.  I did the install myself so all parts are hidden very well up inside the dash to discourage cutting.I'm looking into a newer Clifford model or possibly an Ungo system in the future.

I do the cheap alarms, but make sure they have options for extra lights and stuff. the one I'm installing in the Astro is a Freedom alarm. It has 2 wires for hooking to the parking lights, they'll be hooked up to the underbody lights, strobes, and a bunch of other things. Will also have 2 sirens outside and 4 hidden inside.Then the same thing that AP Zoutes mentioned. Security bolts on every speaker. Headunit basically made to never come out, without destroying it. Amps under thick plexi or lexan. Everything made to never come out without destroying them, unless you have the time and know how. (The van and Beretta have audio and video cameras on them most of the time, monitor sits 5 feet from me)

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

Archived