http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

he wants to be louder

dont tell him to downgrade the best thing he has going! upgrade the weak point, aka the amp

if you want to be louder, if you want it to sound better, power it properly!

find a nice 600wrms amp, tune it right, and if youre not happy, a 10 inch is not for you. get a new car or do a blowthrough

400 watts to a 10 will more or less sound the same regardless of what speaker you use. square is prob better than round loudness wise, but i promise, you could try every 10 on the market and not see more than a near imperceptable 2db increase or decrease among all of them.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

I've ran 3 mtx 10s. 2 12" p2's. 2 12" p3S's. All with the same amp and no problems. And my little L7 is getting an unusual burning smell when cranked up too high.. I was wondering because I'm under powering it. The ohms are right at 4 and the box is stock from kicker.

Sorry. Lemme try and rephrase the question. Would an Fi Q 10" be louder than the L7 10"? I have never heard any of those brand subs in person. It might say better specs but sometimes a different sub might be louder with the same power.

I've ran 3 mtx 10s. 2 12" p2's. 2 12" p3S's. All with the same amp and no problems. And my little L7 is getting an unusual burning smell when cranked up too high.. I was wondering because I'm under powering it. The ohms are right at 4 and the box is stock from kicker.

Sorry. Lemme try and rephrase the question. Would an Fi Q 10" be louder than the L7 10"? I have never heard any of those brand subs in person. It might say better specs but sometimes a different sub might be louder with the same power.

You cant really tell, both in the proper box off their rms it would still be close, but the Fi Q is more SQ orientated. It is mostly in a the box, I mean you could have a 15 in a ported box off of 1000rms and be outdone by a 12 off 500rms the only difference is that the 15 is in a ported box and the 12 is in a 6th order box.

Also what amp are you running?

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

you guys are teh funniez

xl10s

haha p. is that your van?

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

I don't think a Fi Q 10" will be louder on 400 watts.

What amp do you have? What size / kind of box do you use ?

Tell us and you will have good advices.

IMO you need to work on the box, and to set the gain right on the amp.

Forget the bass boost if you use it.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Archived