zachhern1 Posted February 23, 2010 Report Posted February 23, 2010 I have heard a lot of stuff how a 6th order bandpass can get crazy loud but does it sound any good or is it just a pure spl box? I plan on using it in a daily so thats why im asking...I dont want a box that sounds like ass and i dont want a sealed box...probably with a dc lvl 5...not sure what size woofer yet though....going in an extended cab s10...
Nirvalica Posted February 23, 2010 Report Posted February 23, 2010 Just build a regular ported box. I've heard bandpass can be pretty peaky, though I've never used one... My Youtube Page. Check it out The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993 Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components Q-logic 6.5" kick pods CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass Kicker ZX350.4 Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap 7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz Sundown SAZ-1000D Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors
onlyinajeep Posted February 23, 2010 Report Posted February 23, 2010 dependes on who designes it mine played pretty flat from 30 to 80 would do 150+ wit 2 18s on 2 mm4000s if done right there awesome TEAM PURE Team South http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195192-8-pure-audio-15-flat-wall-chevy-crewcab-dually-vid-page-4-s/
zachhern1 Posted February 23, 2010 Author Report Posted February 23, 2010 Just build a regular ported box. I've heard bandpass can be pretty peaky, though I've never used one... what exactly do you mean by peaky?
Nirvalica Posted February 23, 2010 Report Posted February 23, 2010 what exactly do you mean by peaky? Like it will be louder at certain notes then others. Ported boxes usually are too, but bandpass boxes usually have a narrower frequency band in which they get loud. My Youtube Page. Check it out The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993 Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components Q-logic 6.5" kick pods CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass Kicker ZX350.4 Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap 7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz Sundown SAZ-1000D Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors
Torres Posted February 23, 2010 Report Posted February 23, 2010 if done right there awesome true. they're just hard to get done right
zachhern1 Posted February 23, 2010 Author Report Posted February 23, 2010 oh ok...if i were to make a ported box for my daily what would be a good tuning for the port? 35? I listen to all genres
zachhern1 Posted February 23, 2010 Author Report Posted February 23, 2010 true. they're just hard to get done right I figured that...I would probably try to buy the design from some1 and make it myself if i did a bandpass
Loud Avalanche Posted February 26, 2010 Report Posted February 26, 2010 I currently am using a 6th order series tuned box In a chevy avalanche doing 154 sealed on dash with 4200 watts .You can build a bandpass box to be musical or for spl but it's hard to have both.My box is a 25 cft musical bandpass box that sounds great.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.