check your fluid and see what color it is if your tranny fired from heat it will smell "bad" and be brown not red from the way it sounds from you letting it cool you may also check under it to see if your tranny has a valve on it my buddy has an older hoe 00 I think but some valve (tranny cooler option plug or something) let loose and drained his tranny while he was driving

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

was it about 3 geez or what? damn....this sucks AZZZZ

I was quoted 2200 from Fletchers down in Delpaso. They have worked on my shit before so I feel good about their work.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

it could only happen to me......lunchtime i go to hit the gas leaving subway parking lot.......nothing but rpm's. Barely made it back to work.

I think its out and that is a $3000 setback. Ever met "Hating Life"? Thats my middle name right now :angry:

DAM THAT SUX, LET ME KNOW HOW OR IF I CAN HELP! Edited by BURRITO

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

i told the AAMCO guy i run with 1000lbs on the daily and he said that should be no problem at all. The truck is made to tow 5 times that amount he said.

I hear ya on the towing, but that shits every day and I know it shorten the life of my tranny. Even with a cooler.

Goog luck on the rebuild bro.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

the $700 is definatly knowing someone for that type transmission.

its however does cut down on cost if you pull it your self, bring it to the shop and let them build it, then install it yourself. might not have the same warrenty but will be cheaper.

really you should be able to buy a new one from the dealer cheaper though. but then again everything in cali cost 3 times more than anywhere else

Steve, be aware that tranny shops that rebuild a lot of the time cut corners & try to scam you. As long as you go to a reputable place or the dealer, theyshould be good.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Steve my homeboy had his Caprice trans rebuilt at Mr. Transmisson(Don't know if ya'll have one) for $1400 and they did a real good job. And he got a really good warranty. Check them out if you got one in your area.

AudioControl
Rockford Fosgate
XSPower

a9cb521a-b3b0-4848-8950-41c45879dd3f_zps

Shit that sucks. :( Too bad it's not your honda tranny, you can get mint d-series tranny's for around $100 bucks! You don't need to know anybody to get them at this price either, just need to know where to look. Oh and they are easy to put in yourself also. So if you ever have engine/tranny/car troubles with your honda let me know and I will find you cheap replacements somewhere. Anyways, good luck with your tahoe!

Steve I agre with basshead I would drop your trani pan and check that screen may have a blockage you will also be able to check for any metal fragments in the fluid. Might save ya!

SMDsigbannr4.jpg-