piezo sirens or air horns

i have a set of air horns, and they're loud enough to where they dont *have* to be mounted inside the car. they'll wake any neighbors and cause such a commotion they will freak out and run away. they're pretty loud, i love mine. i'd LOVE to have some horns from that site, but not for $2k lol

are you trying to tell me my alarm is useless? to disarm the alarm the thief needs to find the brain. if i have 3 of these piezo sirens screaming in your ear you wont want to look for very long. your going to want to get the fuck out of the car.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Ok... I posted earlier and told you about the electric train horn for the interior... "No Compressors".... But I wouldnt want to live in an Apartment type condition any where close to you if you had a train horn hooked up to your alarm on the exterior or the interior of your car.

Look at it from the thiefs point of view..... NOT MINE

I have never broke into a car in my life, but I worked at shops part time while I was active duty Army and heard stories like this

If someone was a stereo thief, they would set your alarm off and run away, starting at around 9pm.... 2 way remote, lights, Loud horns, whatever.... you come out, your neighbors dont even look out the windows..... did you think they would look? But they did hear "YOUR" alarm.... they noticed it

20 minutes later your alarm goes off again...You come out, look around and re-arm the alarm and go back inside.....the neighbors are aware of your "OVER ACTIVE" alarm, you interupted their show, they are not pissed yet. It goes off a few more times...... through out the night. Babies are crying "Your" neighbors are pissed and its your alarms fault.

After 2 or 3 nights of this, you get nasty letters on your car, and maybe someone "KEYS" your baby.... so you decide to lock your car manually because everyone hates you and your alarm. Even if you reset the sensors, it still goes off, so you think the alarm is messed up.

You lock the doors by hand................

In the morning, everything is gone. :ph34r:

I love My Garage :wub:

I wish everyone had one to lock up there baby

Steven

Does this smell funny to you? Its your sister :roflmao:

Ok... I posted earlier and told you about the electric train horn for the interior... "No Compressors".... But I wouldnt want to live in an Apartment type condition any where close to you if you had a train horn hooked up to your alarm on the exterior or the interior of your car.

Look at it from the thiefs point of view..... NOT MINE

I have never broke into a car in my life, but I worked at shops part time while I was active duty Army and heard stories like this

If someone was a stereo thief, they would set your alarm off and run away, starting at around 9pm.... 2 way remote, lights, Loud horns, whatever.... you come out, your neighbors dont even look out the windows..... did you think they would look? But they did hear "YOUR" alarm.... they noticed it

20 minutes later your alarm goes off again...You come out, look around and re-arm the alarm and go back inside.....the neighbors are aware of your "OVER ACTIVE" alarm, you interupted their show, they are not pissed yet. It goes off a few more times...... through out the night. Babies are crying "Your" neighbors are pissed and its your alarms fault.

After 2 or 3 nights of this, you get nasty letters on your car, and maybe someone "KEYS" your baby.... so you decide to lock your car manually because everyone hates you and your alarm. Even if you reset the sensors, it still goes off, so you think the alarm is messed up.

You lock the doors by hand................

In the morning, everything is gone. ph34r.gif

I love My Garage wub.gif

I wish everyone had one to lock up there baby

Steven

this is how REAL thiefs work...and normally there are more than one of them...and with most car alarms after the third alarm of the same zone sensor its gonna automatically bypass the zone sensor...and i recommend a proxitmity sensor INSIDE the vehicle....there are many ways to break glass and not trip the shock sensor but theres no way through that window without that prox goin off

1996 S-10 Blazer

Kenwood DNX-6140

(2)Kinetik HC2000

(2)US Amps MD3Dv2

US Amps MD42v2

(4)Hertz HCX-165 (front doors)

(2)Hertz HL-70 (dash)

(2)Hertz HT-25 (dash)

(2)Hertz SX-380D

well if that ever becomes a problem ill just remove the siren thats outside the car and keep all the inside ones. rite now i live in a very good neighborhood and i would be very surprised if anything happened to it here. the alarm is just for parking lots. when i move out of this place ill be sure to find a place with a garage. and when i move out ill be a cop so the thief would be a fucking retard to rob me.

anyways, radio shack only had some small piezos, 108db buzzers, so ill be ordering some better ones soon.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

I hope I gave you and the others that read this thread some idea's. Best of luck to ya...

Steven

you did man. its a good lesson and a good point. and i THINK i have found a good solution for it. but ill just hope that my methods never get tested.

Real good read. My neighbors always come outside when an alarm goes off. doesn't matter who's it is or what type of alarm it is. I've even seen the whole neighborhood outside due to a beeping smoke alarm across the street from me. They also know if my alarm goes off, there is definately a problem.

Oh, and I do stand corrected. Radio shack piezo alarms are 102dB. Model Number: 273-079 | Catalog Number: 273-079 $5.49 each. Lets see if I can link it. Piezo Siren

Those are what I use and they are very effective for ear piercing distracting noises

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

A good car thief won't ever set off the audible bit of your alarm. With all your piezos, how many of you run a battery-backup siren? And how many of you have a bonnet pin that's installed in a sensible location? Having worked at a shop I know way too many nasty tricks that thieves use. Not going into detail on the internet though, don't want to give the wrong people ideas.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived