Sundown Audio

Which would you choose?

Gutta Trash

If I had the budget I would go that route but unfortunately I do not that's why I am trying to get help on these 2 amps

well the audioque 1200d is only 249 shipped so thats not bad at all in my opinion but what is your budget jw because you wont be disapointed with that amp its a monster

They do rated, it just they do rated at 14.4volts and most people cant maintain that voltage, for every volt under that rating you lose something like 18% output(the number always slips my mind but that is close) So as long as you can keep a steady 14.4 or higher they will do rated and some. This goes for the MB Qaurt and Brutus amps.

Now that is one of the reasons I would go with the MTX. I haven't used MTX in years but I never had any really big issues with them when I did. I want a solid amp that is going to do it's rated power at 12 volts. If it's a 1500 watt amp I want to know that at 12.6, 12.8 whichever, that amp is going to give me 1500 watts or somewhere (extremely) close to it. I haven't had the best of luck with Maxxsonics so I can't say that I would recommend them, now Sundown Audio is a different story. But I realize he gave us two options and it's not one of them.

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

Well I will tell you that with a 4awg input that MTX is not going to put out 2400 watts lol

I say just buy an AQ or AP if you want to budget. You could still get a sundown for a great price if you find someone willing to give one up ;)

Now that is one of the reasons I would go with the MTX. I haven't used MTX in years but I never had any really big issues with them when I did. I want a solid amp that is going to do it's rated power at 12 volts. If it's a 1500 watt amp I want to know that at 12.6, 12.8 whichever, that amp is going to give me 1500 watts or somewhere (extremely) close to it. I haven't had the best of luck with Maxxsonics so I can't say that I would recommend them, now Sundown Audio is a different story. But I realize he gave us two options and it's not one of them.

keep your electrical good and you wont have to worry about it. plus the difference between being rated at 12.8 and 14.4 isnt as much as you think. barely audible actually

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

well the audioque 1200d is only 249 shipped so thats not bad at all in my opinion but what is your budget jw because you wont be disapointed with that amp its a monster

Not in the power range I'm looking for though ... looking to spend 3-350....but looking for more than 1200 watts

On 4/20/2010 at 10:06 PM, 'cc_audio' said:

Guys are just like girls, once you've had 18 inches you don't go back.

2004 GMC Yukon XL

Pioneer AVH-X4700BS

13 band EQ

Sub Amp- (2) PPI 5000BD.1

(2) Re SXX 15's 8 cu. ft. box tuned to 32 Hz

(4) 6.5 Bose Mids

(2) 1" Bose Tweets

(2) 1.5" Bose Tweets

(1) JY 80 AH w/ new JY busses

(1) Duracell 750 up front 

Apex Alternators 270

A.C. Delco 160 alternato