Because the disease is associated with stagnant air and water. So if you were to point it at your face, for example, then you increase your risk because you are inhaling whatever it is blowing directly into your open maw as you snooze.

The real threat is indoors, where legionella bacteria can multiply in water systems, whirlpool spas, air conditioning systems and even the misters in grocery store produce departments.

Like many microorganisms, legionella bacteria have the ability to anchor themselves to the interiors of pipes, faucets and shower heads. Once attached, the bacteria replicate in a sticky substance called a biofilm. As water flows past, it dislodges some of the biofilm, dispersing bacteria throughout the water system. Although it's possible to contract Legionnaires' disease from home plumbing systems, most outbreaks have occurred in large buildings, perhaps because complex systems allow the bacteria to grow and spread more easily.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Legionnaires' disease, a relatively rare acute respiratory ailment, is often transmitted through air blowing across water or through air-conditioning systems.

So what does a fan do? It blows. The back of it sucks. I know in my bedroom, where I have my own bathroom, a fan blowing air from inside there would be very very stupid.

Unless you live in a house with no Air Conditioning or running water, you should be careful.

images-1.jpg

So what does a fan do? It blows. The back of it sucks. I know in my bedroom, where I have my own bathroom, a fan blowing air from inside there would be very very stupid.

Unless you live in a house with no Air Conditioning or running water, you should be careful.

I put the wrong text in from the mayo clinic web site. It says the bacteria travels in tiny (too small for the eye to see) water droplets that can travel up to 4 miles. If your house has the bacteria, then it is very likely you will come into contact with it regardless of having a fan. Also, this is what I meant to copy earlier:

Although it's possible to contract Legionnaires' disease from home plumbing systems, most outbreaks have occurred in large buildings, perhaps because complex systems allow the bacteria to grow and spread more easily.

It just seems the risk is minuscule in a house and a fan would do little to increase the risk.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I put the wrong text in from the mayo clinic web site. It says the bacteria travels in tiny (too small for the eye to see) water droplets that can travel up to 4 miles. If your house has the bacteria, then it is very likely you will come into contact with it regardless of having a fan. Also, this is what I meant to copy earlier:

Although it's possible to contract Legionnaires' disease from home plumbing systems, most outbreaks have occurred in large buildings, perhaps because complex systems allow the bacteria to grow and spread more easily.

It just seems the risk is minuscule in a house and a fan would do little to increase the risk.

Again "Legionnaires' disease, a relatively rare acute respiratory ailment, is often transmitted through air blowing across water or through air-conditioning systems."

Wherever air blows, so can this spore or whatever the fuck it is. Are you not convinced that fans blow air and can blow air across water? The water doesn't just jump up and infect you, it has to be inhaled somehow right? Shall I do a demonstration on how this works so everyone understands?

Air Conditioners are more likely to cause this because they combine the whole blowing air part and water, if not properly maintained. Fans need the whole water part added to them. This is how my bedroom is set up:

diagram.jpg

Shall I go over the proper fan placement for those who don't understand? If I want cool air blowing over me in the summer, I place the fan blowing at me, but not from the bathroom, as that is where the faucets and showerheads and toilet are. It is very simple really.

images-1.jpg

Because the disease is associated with stagnant air and water. So if you were to point it at your face, for example, then you increase your risk because you are inhaling whatever it is blowing directly into your open maw as you snooze.

I smoke over a pack of unfiltered lucky strikes per day and I'm fine as can be. You folks these day's are just pussies with no immune system. ;)

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner