Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

i'm on my third in-trunk build

option 1) slide it in through the backseat. i know the hole is too small, break out the grinder, cut the metal, slide the box in, and weld it back

most people will never do this, but it is an option....

option 2) design it, cut it, dry fit it, and dry fit it in the trunk like someone else said. If you watch how each piece meets you save yourself a hell of alot of frustration. make the sides the full height so you can screw through them into the top and bottom. make the front and rear the full height and width, so you can screw straight in and into the top/sides (if you want to double baffle, make one fit inside and the other one outside, assemble them out of car and then screw it in as one assembly with a shitton of glue)

basically consider how you can screw it all together, atleast in my experience joints with just glue and no screws to hold it tight and exact while drying are the weak points, and with lvl5's you dont want weak points

if you decide after the fact to brace, use a car jack and like a brick or scrap 2x4 to jack the box apart like a little bit, slide your brace, covered in glue, into position (the little bit its jacked apart allows you to twist it into place...) and then let the jack down, clamping it in place. i've had to do this twice now because i underestimated the goddamn power of dc subs, lol.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

i dont think a kreg will help that much, its so much easier to just have the front and rear overlap everything, and the sides overlap the top and bottom, than it is to kreg everything...

and brace the shit out of it, lol. break out the 2x4's my box right now has the top and bottom tied together with a 2x4, the sides and back tied together with the ports, and the front double baffled. everything is braced somehow and the xl still flexes it a bit.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Thats what im thinkin. Do like a mock build and then glue everything together inside the trunk. Do you have any helpful tips or things you would have done differently?

It is a little bit of a pain to do it, but....

1. put plastic down first... you can pull it out later.

2. most of your screws will be done from INSIDE the box, pre-drill everything. I used 1x1's to screw everything togeather.

3. make sure you Glue the hell out of it, and use fiberglass to make sure its sealed up, leaking boxes suck.

4. Sell your car with the box, just put some other subs and a cheaper amp in it.

Do the bottom and sides, front and back first so you can screw and glue and glass it. The top panel is last. Hire a midget "Dont let him bite you or you will turn into one", to glue, screw, and glass the top of the box from inside... that part sux. Dont leave the midget inside the box!!!

Make your trim panels to suit how you want it to look....

Have fun

Steven

Does this smell funny to you? Its your sister :roflmao:

you shouldnt even need toglass into the trunk for 2 12's that is a very small box...

I disagree i have box I assembled in my trunk currently. Because of the box position I had to glass everything because I could barely drill any screws.

Current build:

Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD

Soundstream EQ

RF Components (5 1/4, 6 1/2, 6x9 x 2)

Two Fi-BTL 15's

One RF T1500-1bd Amplifier

T400-4bd

XS Power 608

XS Power D1200

Optima Yellow top 34

Soon to come:

Another RF T1500-1bd

HO Alt

1-6 more XS power 680

Team D.M.V

n1313997399_261991_8239-1.jpg

you shouldnt even need toglass into the trunk for 2 12's that is a very small box...

Apparently, you havn't tried to get a box into a Mustang trunk.

Im only tryin to get info from guys who have done a 'build in the trunk' box.

No offense Mr P, but this opening is rediculous. And keep in mind I need enough airspace for two lvl5s.

Edited by OrionStang

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread