Second Skin Audio

Kens Recone Thread

awesome work bro.

Thanks man ;)

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Last job of the night, mid way thru a old RF DVC XLC turned SVC 2ohm

doing longer throw coil, and dual spider, stiffer cone, much better wide roll foam surround

DSCN2389.jpg

Just finished woofer 1, of a 2 woofer build

looking easy 1500rms, these coils leads, and spiders with this motor actually take 2k daily, no lead problems at all, and alot of excursion, will test for TS in about 5 minutes

DSCN2390.jpg

DSCN2391.jpg

DSCN2392.jpg

^NON broken in, Fs will drop by 10hz easy, maybe 12hz

51.6hz fs

qms 5.36

Vas 1.4

Cms 0.05

Mms 190grams

Xmax 0.875"

Xmech 1.313"

Vd 0.0578 cf

Qes 0.546

Qts 0.495

Re 1.89ohms

Le 3.324mH

92.04db

BL 14.61 each coil, 33.73Tm ran in parallel

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

The upgraded 10" XLC, now with a higher power handling, more excursion, but alot stiffer dual spider system, stiffer cone, and wider roll surround

DSCN2393.jpg

DSCN2395.jpg

DSCN2394.jpg

A 6x9 subwoofer Whatttt? Using a Sundown 8" E8 motor, and a cast frame 6x9 frame, I ordered up a few 6x9 cones, and built this. I still need to dome it, but it pounds, minus the coil has more throw than the surround allows

DSCN2396.jpg

DSCN2397.jpg

DSCN2398.jpg

sundown.jpg

Guest Scylloga
A 6x9 subwoofer Whatttt? Using a Sundown 8" E8 motor, and a cast frame 6x9 frame, I ordered up a few 6x9 cones, and built this. I still need to dome it, but it pounds, minus the coil has more throw than the surround allows

DSCN2398.jpg

jesus christ ....think of the money you could make off people that want to replace the stock 6x9 with a woofer.. LOL

lol thats a beast of a 6x9

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

I was playing it free air to listen to it mechanically during a movie, and I had a 240rms plate amp on it. If I actually put it in a box, which I haven't done yet, I'am sure it might actually sound pretty decent, actually possibly damn good in certain applications

I think it will want a small sealed box, or a small ported box, tuned around 45-50hz

I will do some T/S testing on it in a few

sundown.jpg

what if you precisely cut the cone and double uped the surround.

ken if your available tonight hop on aim please

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!