just use some of the engine cleaner that comes in a rattle can one brand that comes to mind is Gunk dont be suprised if you need a couple cans and it takes a couple times to wash all that crap off the seafoam shouldnt hurt unless you have a ton of shit that plugs up your cataletic converter that could be your lack of power problem too you may also want to throw some fuel injector cleaner through

just use some of the engine cleaner that comes in a rattle can one brand that comes to mind is Gunk dont be suprised if you need a couple cans and it takes a couple times to wash all that crap off the seafoam shouldnt hurt unless you have a ton of shit that plugs up your cataletic converter that could be your lack of power problem too you may also want to throw some fuel injector cleaner through

so i dont need to get a new distributor cap or a valve cover gasket? someone told me i need to get a new gasket cause of the leak.

can just apply the seafoam in the brake line booster/intake manifold and some in the gas tank? i dont have a cat it was replaced with pipe, my old cat had a hole in it and it caused noises.

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

Definitely is a valve cover gasket leak. Its not going to be that hard to replace. The valve cover gasket is just one of the gaskets you are going to need, the other one is the Spark Plug Tube gaskets. The spark plug tubes are what is actually holding the valve cover to the head. Its going to run about 20 for the valve cover and the spark plug gaskets. I have to do this to my sister's car here shortly (97 Camry, same engine as yours), already have that gaskets, just no time to do it. If I do end up doing it shortly, I'll take some pictures and post them up here so you can see how it is done.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

To get the grease off you can use the 'Gunk' removal that they have at the auto parts store. Or you can mix some simple green in a bottle and use an old tooth brush to clean the grease off the engine. I would recomened a new cap and rotor due to the grease built up on the outside of the cap (never know if anything has gotten under the cap).

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

Is there a rattling from under the car at idle? If so that's you cat, it will cause loss of acceleration and what not...

Also, get some TB Cleaner and clean your Throttle Body...get some cleaner for your EGR Valve too

Do you do mostly city driving or hwy? Unless you do daily stop and go then your oil intervals shouldn't need to be at 3k...more like 4k or higher

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Definitely is a valve cover gasket leak. Its not going to be that hard to replace. The valve cover gasket is just one of the gaskets you are going to need, the other one is the Spark Plug Tube gaskets. The spark plug tubes are what is actually holding the valve cover to the head. Its going to run about 20 for the valve cover and the spark plug gaskets. I have to do this to my sister's car here shortly (97 Camry, same engine as yours), already have that gaskets, just no time to do it. If I do end up doing it shortly, I'll take some pictures and post them up here so you can see how it is done.

when you say the spark plug gaskets, do you mean a o-ring seal? yeah i seen valve cover gasket new on ebay less than $20. do you buy the parts on ebay? if you can PM me the exact parts i need to buy id appreciate that. and id appreciate it if you can take pics on how to do it. i really dont want to go to a shop when i might be able to fix it all by myself. thanks. p.s. does this mean i have a blown head gasket? my spark plugs are not wet or have oil on them.

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

Is there a rattling from under the car at idle? If so that's you cat, it will cause loss of acceleration and what not...

Also, get some TB Cleaner and clean your Throttle Body...get some cleaner for your EGR Valve too

Do you do mostly city driving or hwy? Unless you do daily stop and go then your oil intervals shouldn't need to be at 3k...more like 4k or higher

i dont have a cat, it had a crack in it and it made a nasty loud noise. mechanic welded a metal pipe no no more noise. but when i start my car for the first day and it idles it makes this rattling noise where the cat use to be. the car rattles when im in reverse, nothing crazy though its been doing this for a while now. rides smooth on the road. i drive city and hwy. i got some CRC TB cleaner, should i spray some of that down in the IACV? not sure where the EGR valve, ill have to look that up. thank you.

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

1. thats road dust its quite normal. 2. to clean it spray your block down with carb cleaner let it sit like 10 mins then spray it down with a pressure washer.(in my case this was causing a bad engine ground). 3. DO NOT try and change your O2 sensor if you do not have the proper O2 socket for it (yes it is a specialty tool) 4. Buy a Haynes or Chiltons repair manual (it'll save alot of time and headache and is only around $20 - $30) 5. Start with a normal tune up when you change your oil change the air filter, Oil filter, plugs (be sure to properly gap them), wires. I suggest flushing your radiator (it can tell you alot about a car engine) THEN if it isn't improving check your O2 sensor and cat converter. 6. WTF is a spark plug gasket? LOL

EDIT: If you need to replace your cat converter and you DO NOT have emissions testing and they just manually look for a cat converter replace it with this http://www.siliconeintakes.com/product_info.php?cPath=10&products_id=331&osCsid=03c169e56271bae4fba1955016bbbff0

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

EGR/TB-Carb/TB Cleaner

IAC-Electric Parts Cleaner

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Archived