Second Skin Audio

If you were to buy an 8 in sub what would you pick

steven

Okay just for the record I bought my dad's DD1508 BNIB for $149 from an authorized dealer in Maryland.

edit: And it had to be ordered in from DD so it wasn't just backstock sitting around.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

i dont see you doing mid to high 40s with either choice single sub in a CRX....

heres the thing your obviously clueless enough that you had to make a thread asking what a good 8 was, therefore i question your ability to design a proper enclosure and system alignment to achieve the numbers that Jacob seen in his testing.

high 40s off an 8 is not typical for anyone, and burping for 3-5 seconds a 149 is leaps and bounds different then this guy wanting to street beat(bass raceP those numbers)....i'd put money even in a crx hes not street beating a 49 with 1 2 3 or 4 8s

edit...

if someone thinks otherwise...i have access to a crx, dd 1508s, a termlab and can build any box you want me to build and will do a 30sec average and video tape it to show results...been there done that.

Okay so first of all Ya of course I NEVER CONSIDERED a single 8! Ya it would be 4 8s. Ya build your box and lets see a vid then your running 2 1508s correct I still would like to see what yours does...

steven.jpg

This whole thread is dumb. If you were serious about SPL you would be going for 2 10's because then you can get REAL subs like DD 9510s or Level 5 10s.

But I get the feeling that you're not altogether serious about it, or this thread wouldn't exist.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

This whole thread is dumb. If you were serious about SPL you would be going for 2 10's because then you can get REAL subs like DD 9510s or Level 5 10s.

But I get the feeling that you're not altogether serious about it, or this thread wouldn't exist.

Well since you put it that way. I’ll attempt to explain my dilemma in which lead me to the reasoning of asking about 8s. First I thought it would be a good idea to maximize cone area for the class hence 4 8s. Second Dc lvl 5s seem require a lot of power to show their real potential. Third in the usaci sb1 I can only have 2 bats + 1 stock so my fear in running monster subs like the dc’s would be I would not have the proper electrical to back it up for a 30 sec run; also the alt that is being built for my crx is only a 220 amp and that’s the biggest I found. This led me to believe 8s which didn’t require as much power might be a better route. I may have been completely wrong in approaching this, but it seemed to be an option in which I could work with. I will now consider looking into the dcs and what I can do with them after reading and further messing with the car.

steven.jpg

sounds like you need to be looking for woofers with high sensitivity.... you might want to look into some T3 audio woofers

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

look into square subs if your looking for smaller subs but more cone area

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Archived