i got a mk3 with a 2jz swap and fuck fast and furious. and i wouldnt put more boost the that stang. stock 2jz can hold up to 1000hp to stock block and 1500hp on stock tranny. and yea i got a volvo what about

world record stock block whp for a 2jz is 880 so idk where the hell you get 1000 from

mechman what is the grand total you have invested into that car including the car itself?

now go take the same exact amount mechman has invested and see where that gets you with a supra.. I doubt it will even buy you a bone stock mkiv supra

Try staging on a pro tree with a 3 liter engine and 88 mm turbo. The Supra guys have to hold it on the limiter for what seems like forever just to build 10 psi on the line. I generally stage real quick, so they don't have enough time to come into boost before the tree drops. In addition, they only make around 680 ft/lbs of torque, that they have to wait until 5000 rpm to get. What looks good on the dyno doesn't always get you to the finish line first.

off the limiter? those guys need to step away from the car and learn what the hell they are doing.. and it doesn't matter if it makes 680 @ 5000rpm because down the track that car will never drop below that rpm anyways. if they are making 1000whp+ then they are revving to at least 9000rpm and there is no way in hell they are dropping 4000rpm between shifts

I want one.

As for the 2JZ comment...um...ah...I like 2JZ's too, but that had NO place here. Besides, no replacement for displacement (except maybe a turbo or 2)

Also, the IRS used in the MKIV Supras is horrible for launches. You either bog or spin/get wheelhop.

Too many projects, too little time...

Yeah, I hate Supra guys about as much as anyone, but that stock Toyota IRS is a pretty impressive unit. The Titan 10.5 car is hanging with 600+ cubic inch twin turbo cars, which is definitely impressive.

I mainly built a mustang because it's easier to work on, and more affordable. I could duplicate my entire car for less than $10,000, which wouldn't even buy me a mediocre Mark VIII with a blown motor. The fact that it is made in the USA is nice too. If our generation keeps hopping on the import bandwagon, the US economy will just get worse and worse. As it is, hardly anything is manufactured in the US anymore.

Archived