Second Skin Audio

The Jackhammer!

sean 371

The jackhammer still isn't practical in almost any situation.

True, but there is alot of stuff we do that isn't practical. I am still waiting to hear one of those Jackhammers in person.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

some one on you tube was asking if the 2 jack asses i mean jack hammers where louder then the tahoe ha ha ha ha ha very funny im pretty sure its not even close ! What does the rest of the forum think ?

dcaudio.jpg ALLAH's the most gracious, he made the universe the most spaciousSeen and heard in all places, but still appear facelessEmbraces all races, all caste and all casesIn every spec of life he's the substance of all tracesSMDsigbannr9.jpg

some one on you tube was asking if the 2 jack asses i mean jack hammers where louder then the tahoe ha ha ha ha ha very funny im pretty sure its not even close ! What does the rest of the forum think ?

i dont know but from my experience, the jackhammer truck, with 2 jackhammers was pretty loud, maybe hittin in the upper 40's, compared to one van that was hittin 153, but not matchin the tahoe,i dont think so.

sheephotdog-1.gif logoblack.jpg

1999 Eclipse N/T

12'' Fi BTL

Gp3000d

PM D3100

"pretty sure?"

have you heard the tahoe or the 2 jackhammers? no. so don't make statements like that. the jackhammer is one beast of a sub

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Ive heard the tahoe and the jackhammers, and they dont even start to compare.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrHu0XOhQDk#GU5U2spHI_4

yeah it wont beat the tahoe but it gets down no doubt. i mean yeah obviously you can get louder for cheaper but price tag aside, the jackhammer is actually a mean sub. 2 of them were pretty damn loud and i bet it was nearing the 150 range. but then again im starting to think if someone had a couple of these, built a proper enclosure and put the right power to them they could possibly beat the tahoe. i mean this was a pretty small box in the bed of an ext. im sure cabin gain in a tahoe is alot better than the bed of an ext. i also agree with sean. people shouldnt be bashing this sub without hearing it. i was bashing the sub before i heard it too. for the price man fuck it i would never buy one, but the sub itself is pretty damn nice sub. that subs sounds nice and hits lows like none other shit was making my shirt ripple 20 feet from the car. its the price that makes the sub sound like shit to people even though they have never heard one.

I don't have a problem with the sub itself... i have a problem with the fact that if you talk to anybody that is just getting into car audio and has seen pimp my ride, thinks this sub is the holly grail. I know it gets loud i have heard one in a back of a dodge magnum here in town, it got loud and low, but its not the end all by all sub that everybody hypes it up to be. Just my .02

I don't have a problem with the sub itself... i have a problem with the fact that if you talk to anybody that is just getting into car audio and has seen pimp my ride, thinks this sub is the holly grail. I know it gets loud i have heard one in a back of a dodge magnum here in town, it got loud and low, but its not the end all by all sub that everybody hypes it up to be. Just my .02

yea all the newbs think its the best ever!!! i just stare at them like yur dumb...and the sub is overpriced and jus a waste of money in my opinion

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

yea all the newbs think its the best ever!!! i just stare at them like yur dumb...and the sub is overpriced and jus a waste of money in my opinion

well 38 people bought jackhammers retail last year. so somebody is wasting money on them. enough to sell almost 300 grand of product.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Archived