Sundown Audio

Crescendo 3KWP Amp

moh.vze.com

That's what I was told :)

reselling a sundown would be easier than one of these gold amps though :(

isnt sundowns warranty voided when its down to .5 ohms? the crescendo amp isnt

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm definitely looking into one of these when I upgrade. The gold isn't too awful and I could paint it

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

I know there were some shipping problems with the previous shipment getting here, hence the back order until the end of Sept.

But now the site says: SOLD OUT: New models back in stock end of November.

Anyone know from Navid if the "New Models" means the current version of the 3K (Sundown guts), is no more?

I know there were some shipping problems with the previous shipment getting here, hence the back order until the end of Sept.

But now the site says: SOLD OUT: New models back in stock end of November.

Anyone know from Navid if the "New Models" means the current version of the 3K (Sundown guts), is no more?

I read on CACO that the guts are going to br different

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I'm running the3kwp on a pair audiopulse axis, @ .5

It ponds so hard ,and deep, it makes you want to throw up.

a very stout and strong amp IMO

Do you have a build link I'm going to be doing two axis 12"s soon?

2007 Scion Tc- T1500.1bdcp & t600.4, Three P3D212's Ported at 40hz, T2 6.5" Components, Rockford Marine 8" coax's. Kinetik khc1400 in back, Kicker 0 gauge

1999 Cherokee- Rockford Prime Amps 300.4 & 500.1,Big 3, Rockford 6.5"Comp.s and 6.5" 2ways, 2 12" P2's Ported basic winter beater

2002 Mustang Convt.-T1500.1bd & 400.4, 3 P3D210's IB, JBL components all the way around,Rockford 4 gauge, Big 3, Kinetik khc800 in back

• 1 year later...

BACK FORM THE GRAVEEEEEEEEEEEE

BUILD LINK: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112034-2-sundown-18s-98-f-150/page__p__1565972__fromsearch__1#entry1565972

98 Ford F-150
Truck:
37" superswamper tsl radials
16" ion alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" suspension lift
Offbrand brushguard
PIAA driving lights
6000K HID's
System:
2 18" Sundown Nightshaed
Aq3500
Custom Fiberglass box
fosgate T1 6x8 Coxials
bass inferno 2000 watt 4 channel
2 XS power d3100's
0 Gauge

I keep blowing JBL GTO24001, pushing 2 FI q 12"s in a sealed box, in a fiberglass box under the seat of my quad cab dadge ram. The speakers are dual 2 ohm wired series parallel for a 2ohm load at the amp. Actual measured resistance is 1.6ohms and I think thats why its blowing? Either that or the stupid phoenix gold tantrum 204x crossover with bassknob that I was using from before did something to the input signal that was maybe too high, I'm not sure. I removed the x-over and went over all the grounds and am aftaid to hook up the JBL for fear of blowing it and they arent going to warranty it a 4th time, its been over a year. I could wire the speakers to .5ohm and get this beastly Crescendo... or 2 sundown SAX-1200D's would push them hard at 2ohms. What you guys think, would running .5ohms in a daily setup shorten the longevity on the amp enough to warrant running two SAX1200D's (325$ ea, 650$ total) so its a higher ohm load. Things to consider, sealed box so not a ton of cooling on woofers, also amp will be behind seat so cooling could be an issue if its really going to put out a lot of heat. The JBL never got hot, just shut down, never let the smoke out, always just went into protect and never came out. Plus I could hear it popping and drawing a LOT of current when it tried to turn on, I could hear it in my mids from the amperage it took from the JL 500.4 for my mids. Just looking for some openions. All my car audio friends are like Kicker rules and Fosgate.. them guys dont know about sundown or FI speakers. I want it to be reliable, I cant keep pulling my seat out and the fiberglass box fits like a glove. Hart to get out with those q 12's in it.

Archived