Sonic Electronix

Will 2 more subs really make a differance?

Hey I have 3 10" woofers and I am in the process of refoaming them. They are JL dub0's They sound nice and hit pretty hard. I'm just curious if i add my 2 JL IB4-10"s will it make it any louder..I know it will make the displacement bigger and I will be moving more air. Therefor you would think i would be louder but will it be noticable. Someone told me it would be a wast of my time because it would only give me like 2-5db maybe if i'm lucky...IDK? Give me your feedback. Thanks alot

If they are not the same subs I would not suggest mixing subs, despite they are the same brand.

SMDMafia-amazinblazin.jpg

1997 Dodge Ram Van 2500

Big III addition with 1/0 awg wiring all throughout

Lightning Audio Strike S4.1000.1D

Jenson XA2250

2 - 12" Mtx Jackhammers JH55

3ft cubed box sealed under the rear bench seat

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB head unit

MB Quart FWA 160 components up front

with /\ that guy!

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

You could add the other two just put them in a seperate chamber/ box. If you had enough power to them you would notice a difference

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

If they are not the same subs I would not suggest mixing subs, despite they are the same brand.

Why? There is no harm in putting different subs together? What would be wrong with that? They are almost the exact same sub....Diff mags and a little different motor. Same foam, same cone, and same kind of basket. Almost same kind of coil too. Just The dub0's i have are 10.39ohms and the 10IB4's are 7.20ohms. And i like this because only running the W0's would give me like a 4ohm load and when i throw in the 2 IB4's It brings it down to a 2.5ohm load...Perfect for a daily bump.

Firstly, do NOT listen to baaudio

If you have room for a ported box, that would in theory give you 2-3dB's more with the same subs/power. You would easily be able to hear that increase...

You really think it would be a great noticeable difference? And also baaudio might be rite. They are really low wattage subs, and they are real OLD-SKOOL JL subs.I was planing on making a big box For all 5 woofers.Baaudio may have a good point. JL woofers sometimes only sound good in sealed...IMO...I have put my JL 12"s in a sealed and ported and they liked the sealed way better,and they also sounded alot better in the sealed. Maybe not as loud but sounded nice at high levels.

Edited by Ben G.

Firstly, do NOT listen to baaudio

If you have room for a ported box, that would in theory give you 2-3dB's more with the same subs/power. You would easily be able to hear that increase...

1. WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO TELL SOMEONE NOT TO LISTEN TO SOMEONE ELSE? 2. I'm sure he can make up his own damn mind.

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

Why? There is no harm in putting different subs together? What would be wrong with that? They are almost the exact same sub....Diff mags and a little different motor. Same foam, same cone, and same kind of basket. Almost same kind of coil too. Just The dub0's i have are 10.39ohms and the 10IB4's are 7.20ohms. And i like this because only running the W0's would give me like a 4ohm load and when i throw in the 2 IB4's It brings it down to a 2.5ohm load...Perfect for a daily bump.

There's the problem right there mixing subs (different ohm loads) As far as adding the other 2 make a different box and you'll see a volume increase may not be much but an increase is an increase.

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)