does the 1993 nissan altima have an alarm? it doesnt have power windows or anything so if it had an alarm it wouldnt have the lock/unlock doors on it..

but i saw somewhere that somebody said it has an alarm. when i got it the guy never gave me and alarm for it and ive been searching through google and just cannot find the answer.

and i have no idea if the car has ABS or not either..

so does anybody know of a way for me to find out on these, or just know off the top of their head from have owning the car before or something?

thanks

Edited by deeemc

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Kenwood 500 watt class d mono amp

On 4/14/2010 at 5:40 PM, Boon said:

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.

To my knowledge the car may have had a theft deterrent system (different than an alarm in that it has no key fob). I also would say it does have ABS, I know my 90 Infinity has it (Infinity being the upper line of Nissan). If it does it will have an ABS pump under the hood, here is what it should look like.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270531715157&crlp=1_263602_263622&ff4=263602_263622&viewitem=&guid=46d629461270a0aad32400f4febfe5ed&rvr_id=&ua=WXF%3F&itemid=270531715157

2 15"s Re-coned with a Custom re-cones with DD 9500 coils, Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bd, Designated Aux. 190 amp Alt@ 15.5 volts, Duel High Rate Aux. Batts. Doing 143+'s (current box and subs haven't been metered), 1st place in 129.9 Bass Race and a 2nd and a 3rd in NW DB Drag in the last two shows. Only gone two 2 show total thought, so not to bad

the "alarm" they are talking about might be that annoying honking that most cars do lol but mine has a key fob, i lock it with it but try to unlock it with the key it will go off, or if i lock it with the fob windows open and reach in and unlock it and open it will go off too. So that might be what they are talking about, just a thought.

You probably have a base model altima based on the fact that no power windows. Im not sure if it has abs, but you can always turn the key to on and when the warning lights light up in teh instrument panel, it should read "ABS". If not, then im sure you dont have it. I used to work on nissans and work at a dealer now that is nissan/volvo, and i dont recall there being a alarm

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

does the 1993 nissan altima have an alarm? it doesnt have power windows or anything so if it had an alarm it wouldnt have the lock/unlock doors on it..

but i saw somewhere that somebody said it has an alarm. when i got it the guy never gave me and alarm for it and ive been searching through google and just cannot find the answer.

and i have no idea if the car has ABS or not either..

so does anybody know of a way for me to find out on these, or just know off the top of their head from have owning the car before or something?

thanks

Doubt it since it's a 93.

If you want to install an alar though, here's a nice wiring guide.

Alarm wire guide: http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/alarmdetail/1628.html

Head-unit wire guide: http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/stereodetail/1607.html

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

the "alarm" they are talking about might be that annoying honking that most cars do lol but mine has a key fob, i lock it with it but try to unlock it with the key it will go off, or if i lock it with the fob windows open and reach in and unlock it and open it will go off too. So that might be what they are talking about, just a thought.

you have to unlock it with a key theres no other way

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Kenwood 500 watt class d mono amp

On 4/14/2010 at 5:40 PM, Boon said:

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.