Sonic Electronix

please show me the diagram of Dual chamber single box...i need help to build my t1 15" x2 box...i need maximum spl for my woofer...i really don understand when people talking about 8 cubic, 3 cubic feet and so on...anyone help me to direct me the exact length for my box..?

1 cubic feet is the equivalent to 12inches by 12 inches by 12 inches. think of a shipping box that's that size.

we break that down to 12x12x12=1728 cubic inches.

so a box tht' 38x40x18 is 27,360 cubic inches . divide that by "1 cubic foot/1728 cubic inches" .. and you get 27360/1728 = 15.83 cubic feet

Thats just an example.

The fact of the matter is though, if you don't understand the math involved, then you need to understand how to shell out some money and have someone else build your boxes.

1 cubic feet is the equivalent to 12inches by 12 inches by 12 inches. think of a shipping box that's that size.

we break that down to 12x12x12=1728 cubic inches.

so a box tht' 38x40x18 is 27,360 cubic inches . divide that by "1 cubic foot/1728 cubic inches" .. and you get 27360/1728 = 15.83 cubic feet

Thats just an example.

The fact of the matter is though, if you don't understand the math involved, then you need to understand how to shell out some money and have someone else build your boxes.

even if my woofer is 15"...still using the 12x12x12? OR Should i change to 15x15x15?help me pls...can u calculate the length of my box for two 15" t1 rockford..please...i need help...i want better spl...

even if my woofer is 15"...still using the 12x12x12? OR Should i change to 15x15x15?help me pls...can u calculate the length of my box for two 15" t1 rockford..please...i need help...i want better spl...

WOW .. you really just don't get this at all.

Seriously, give it up and hire someone else to make your box for you, I don't even think you could be trusted with a saw.

please show me the diagram of Dual chamber single box...i need help to build my t1 15" x2 box...i need maximum spl for my woofer...i really don understand when people talking about 8 cubic, 3 cubic feet and so on...anyone help me to direct me the exact length for my box..?

okay sounds like your just starting out man...

basically, the measurement of 12x12x12=1728 is a conversion. period. 1728 cubic inches = 1 cubic foot

just like 16 ounces = 1 pound, 12 inches = 1 foot and so on.

say you pop your trunk, and take measurements for the biggest box you can fit. you get 40 inches long, by 30 inches wide, by 20 inches high

take these numbers and multiply them 40x30x20= 24,000 cubic inches

but that number is way too big. and most sub companies use cubic feet for box dimensions. so what you have to do is divide 24,000/1728 and you get 13.88 cubic feet. thats the total amount of airspace available to you.

that is the most basic way to do it. then you get a more accurate number by also factoring in port displacement, wood thickness, and sub displacement. since the wood thickness wasnt calculated, your essentially have a box thats paper thin. there are several box calculators online and also one by Expo...or Torres on here that are very accurate and easy to use. hope that helped a little man.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

also, certain different size speakers require different amounts of airspace. a 10" sub might work well in 1.0-1.5 cubic feet, while an 15" might work better in a 3-5 cubic foot box, or an 18" in a 5-10 cubic foot box.

Edited by Torres

and the port size is up to you,it depends on what frequency you want the box tuned to. now port tunning and the cross over frequency that you tune the sub to are two seperate things,so don't get that part mixed up. the first thing you want to know is how many cubic feet of air space both subs will require and how many cubes you have in your car or wherever the box is going.it's at this point you can decide how you want to build your box.