Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

hmm according to their decibel chart were all doin at least 145dbz. WOOT we did it. congrats everyone. id like to thank all the little people i had to piss off to reach this moment :drinks::yahoo:

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

Posted

hmm according to their decibel chart were all doin at least 145dbz. WOOT we did it. congrats everyone. id like to thank all the little people i had to piss off to reach this moment :drinks::yahoo:

Maybe for every hater, we gain a db each.

Keep hatin, fuckers.

[HOONIGAN]*

'01 Ford F-250 LWB
JVC KD-R950BT / Alpine MRV-M500 / (2) SWA-10s4

Posted

Impedes learning and cognitive development processes

Evokes hypertension

Leads to aggressive behavior

Causes stress and sleep loss

Leads to depressionThere are other clear reasons why this type of noise needs to stop:

A person who has the right to not listen to this noise is totally unable to escape it; thus their rights are violated.

Boom car operators are often associated with many other types of crimes.

Boom car noise impedes the safety and awareness of motorists and pedestrians through blatant distraction.

It is often too difficult, if not impossible, to identify the perpetrator of acoustic terrorism due to distances, speed, and physical obstacles, thus preventing the reporting of an offense.

Even at its lowest volumes, this type of noise continues upsetting and irritating unwilling listeners like almost no other stimulus can.

Sound technology (highly amplified, low frequency output) is outpacing current laws (measured in db-A).

Military and educational system are advocating the use of boom car technology because it reaches the kids.

The aggressive nature of the perpetrators has directly lead to the murders of innocent victims.

Boom cars are often used to announce the receipt of a new drug shipment to a neighborhood.

this crap is so stupid. the last thing anyone here would be is depressed. hell i blew a load when i got my DCs. and only a complete dumb ass would play his system, DRAWING ATTENTION TO HIMSELF, to let everyone know hes got drugs for the low low. and unless your cars is gettin jacked and the guy shoots you cause you wont let him i highly doubt anyone would get killed over bass. and lastly im sure more accidents have been caused by donks and chicks with fat asses in booty shorts roller blading with double DDs wrapped in a piece of cloth bought from a linen store than someone bein disoriented cause they heard lil jon and didnt know what car was playin it

oh and it impedes learning? if it wasnt for this sight some of the people here wouldnt be able to read lmao

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

Posted

How did this law even get passed?

People with good intentions want "The Government" to take care of their problems instead of handling it themselves. They don't realize that everything they do like this, they just give up a freedom...

hmm according to their decibel chart were all doin at least 145dbz. WOOT we did it. congrats everyone. id like to thank all the little people i had to piss off to reach this moment :drinks::yahoo:

SWEET!!!! 150 dbz!!! I breaks um!

Impedes learning and cognitive development processes

Evokes hypertension

Leads to aggressive behavior

Causes stress and sleep loss

Leads to depression

oh and it impedes learning? if it wasnt for this sight some of the people here wouldnt be able to read lmao

OMG! The bass has made us so stupid and stopped our mental development- all we do now is surf the internet for info, do math and run models to design new boxes to get even louder! Oh man... it has made us dumb.

Leads to depression??? When I feel bad or down, I hop in the van and bump it for a while and feel great for days! What?!?!?

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install


You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Posted

Didn't you see the car coming into your lane? Bikers got to pay attention, too. The loud exhaust as a safety precaution is bullshit. And it sounds like crap.

Just sayin

Actually, We went off of an exit and before we even looked to merge a guy wanting to get on the interstate plowed into the side of the bike.

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

I'm looking for a word here and can't seem to come up with it. This is degrading to most people that are involved in this hobby. How many people on this forum are involved in illegal activities other than car audio, if you want to consider that illegal, slim to none if any at all. I'm not too big on false accusations, it's happened to me too many times. Sure they are right about the people that cruise through a residential neighborhood at 11 p.m. with it cranked, that's a legitimate reason to be pissed. What about those of us that do this respectively? They write a huge paper on respect but then show us none? They can have it, I hope someone with some pull see's that page and actually fights it legally. I know it can be done but I'm not sure how I would go about it. It's a large case of slander (found the word) if you ask me, that's of course if you ask. I understand most people don't give a damn and will probably skim over this, but come on, they want to be able to sit in their house at all hours of the day and hear nothing. That's great, I don't want to drive 30 mph in the fast lane following these kinds of people but guess what, I have to. You don't see me complaining about it until now so what gives them the right to make an uprising against us? There are numerous things that the members of that forum do that irritate people, but those people have the respect to accept it and go about their lives. Sorry for the rant but this really just got under my skin.

Team Digital Devastation

jake3jpeg.jpg

My on-going 9518 build

Posted

Impedes learning and cognitive development processes

Evokes hypertension

Leads to aggressive behavior

Causes stress and sleep loss

Leads to depressionThere are other clear reasons why this type of noise needs to stop:

A person who has the right to not listen to this noise is totally unable to escape it; thus their rights are violated.

Boom car operators are often associated with many other types of crimes.

Boom car noise impedes the safety and awareness of motorists and pedestrians through blatant distraction.

It is often too difficult, if not impossible, to identify the perpetrator of acoustic terrorism due to distances, speed, and physical obstacles, thus preventing the reporting of an offense.

Even at its lowest volumes, this type of noise continues upsetting and irritating unwilling listeners like almost no other stimulus can.

Sound technology (highly amplified, low frequency output) is outpacing current laws (measured in db-A).

Military and educational system are advocating the use of boom car technology because it reaches the kids.

The aggressive nature of the perpetrators has directly lead to the murders of innocent victims.

Boom cars are often used to announce the receipt of a new drug shipment to a neighborhood.

this crap is so stupid. the last thing anyone here would be is depressed. hell i blew a load when i got my DCs. and only a complete dumb ass would play his system, DRAWING ATTENTION TO HIMSELF, to let everyone know hes got drugs for the low low. and unless your cars is gettin jacked and the guy shoots you cause you wont let him i highly doubt anyone would get killed over bass. and lastly im sure more accidents have been caused by donks and chicks with fat asses in booty shorts roller blading with double DDs wrapped in a piece of cloth bought from a linen store than someone bein disoriented cause they heard lil jon and didnt know what car was playin it

oh and it impedes learning? if it wasnt for this sight some of the people here wouldnt be able to read lmao

you sir are full of win

Posted

This makes me sad. They are pissed of by all the people who drive around with their extremely distorted bass, at 1AM. They also exaggerate a lot on these sites, now how likely is it that a cheap, underpowered 12" in a pre-fab sealed box do a 145? Also they don't have any idea of anything to do with bass. they say that it is over the threshold of pain, true it is by number but the equal loudness curve changes that. I know someone who only has one 12" in his room, it goes pretty well for how much it cost him. There is also a old lady who lives next door, after he found out that she "put on special earplugs when the bass was going" he stopped, and hasn't played it since, which is very considerate.

The car in the noboomers home page that makes distorted explosion sounds is incredibly offensive and stereotypes us bassheads.

I wouldn't worry too much about these people though. Read this:

Finally! A PowerPoint presentation you can share with law enforcement, community leaders and school administration. The information in the presentation should give them the understanding they need to promote change in your neighborhood and community.

For the ideal presentation, download the

Lower the boom Community Awareness Presentation Package here.

This self-extracting folder contains easy instructions, the Powerpoint presentation file, and the printable Presentation Notes. Very easy to use. Give it a try. It's free.

For the downloadable package, you or your audience/host will need:

Microsoft Powerpoint software

A projector that displays your PC screen

A printer (for the Notes file)

They must be old enough to have no idea how to use technology, therefore they have almost run out of time on this earth.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Guest Scylloga
Posted

Story time...

Yesterday I was heading home and stopped at a red light.

I had my system turned up but not all the way up.

I was waiting on the light to change with this old man pulls up next to me.

I like any other time look over and smile in a red light social way.

The dude gets this pissed look at me and yells" Fucking boomcar!!" and throws his cup from McDonald's at me.

Then runs the red light and speeds off.

I was shocked and for at least a full minute wasn't sure how to react.

The lady behind me saw what happened and called the cops.

About an 30 minutes later when I was about 5 blocks from home this city cop comes flying up behind me.

I mean he was at least 3/4 of a mile behind me and then just as we entered the neighborhood right on my tail.

Just as I go to turn into my drive he hits the lights.

I'm thinking FML what did I do now.

Apparently the lady gave them my tag number and the direction I was going.

The cop happened to see me and wanted to catch me before I got out of site.

He was being a dickhead to me at first.

He wouldn't tell me wtf was going on.

Started asking for my insurance and licenses, at which point I said either tell me wtf is going on or Im walking in my house.

He said I was involved in a road rage incident that was reported earlier.

I gave him my license and he then did a complete 180 and was being courteous and shit.

I guess he thought I was the one throwing shit.

He asked me what happened and after I gave my side he asked if I wanted to press charges.

I said no but how did they catch the guy?

The old man after he sped off was pulled over about a mile down the road for speeding.

He admitted to throwing the cup AT me not in my truck.

He said it hit the window and fell on the ground.

I showed the cop the cup and my wet seats.

Even tho I didn't press charges he is facing a aggravated assault charge the city automatically files on my behalf.

I told the cop look just get the dude some help.

This is the kind of shit that pisses me off.

I would bet a ton of money that the guy is part of the no-boomers shit.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7272 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...