Sundown Audio

Stetsom and SounDigital

JBurt09

got mine wired to 4 ohms daily (2k6D) for about a month now. and she doesnt seem to get warm. Ill be wiring it down to 1 ohm for competition ONLY.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

i wired my 2k6 at 1 ohm daily for 8 months before i added another ,them 2 months later sold both.the new 12 volt versions dont like voltage over 14.4 ,so if your looking for a 14 k in stetsom id get a 16 volt version,otherwise stick with the older 12 volt amp .'theyre better'. now i have a sd 8000.1 i run it all day every day ,no problems and its louder than my 7k stetsom.'and alot smaller',so if your alt stays anywhere from 12 14.4 volts the stetsom will work great for you ,they seem to have fixed all of the noise issues that the older big amps had.

dc 12k

2 ascendant mayhem 12s

xs power 200 amp alt

2 odyessy pc 2150

dc audio 175 x 4

scosche wires

stinger inter connects

12 volt customs 175 amp alt

pioneer avhp 4100 dvd

arc audio eq

cdt 6.5 components

152.8 db drag

street c

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

//www.dcsoundlab.com/images/header.jpg

i have a 2k6d and i have it on two bats and stock alt on two fissd 12s and i cn make it hard to breathe in the old benz! its a daily driver and beat down the highway for a few hours to test to see how hot it would perform. it got a little hot only cause i had it under a cover, once i opened the cover it barely got warm! i have the 2ohm version and i love it. i also had the 1k6d that i sold to corey, i liked that one too, but once i tasted the power those little amps put out i had to have more! oh yeah they also are built to tell you if you are doing something stupid and give you plenty of warning. i went to an installer to get my box and amp rack done, only cause i have had numerous shoulder sugeries, i am recovering from one as i type lol. any way the clown had my amp blasting for all it was worth sounded awesome then i looked at the amp and the clip light wasnt just flickering it was constant bright red!! well before i could yell at the dude it quieted down then went into protect until the volume was tuned down. but played fine after that. i am a stetsom fan next amp is 4k6d for christmas lol. amd the guys that tell you these amps are crap and have blown them are prolly runnin them at some ridiculous ohm or are shouting crap they have heard from haters!

Nice, nice.What are you playing off of them and what do you have as far as power supply?

Right now I'm running 1 of them to 6 DD2515 D4's wired for about 1.333 ohms or whatever you get...

Power supply is 90A alt, some crappy AGM battery up front and 2 PowerCells (NSB90, roughly) in the back. 1 run of 0 gauge from front to back.

Yeah I get some voltage drop (duh, haha) but it still wangs crazy loud...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

i wired my 2k6 at 1 ohm daily for 8 months before i added another ,them 2 months later sold both.the new 12 volt versions dont like voltage over 14.4 ,so if your looking for a 14 k in stetsom id get a 16 volt version,otherwise stick with the older 12 volt amp .'theyre better'. now i have a sd 8000.1 i run it all day every day ,no problems and its louder than my 7k stetsom.'and alot smaller',so if your alt stays anywhere from 12 14.4 volts the stetsom will work great for you ,they seem to have fixed all of the noise issues that the older big amps had.

Any noticeable difference as far as build quality between the two companies?

Right now I'm running 1 of them to 6 DD2515 D4's wired for about 1.333 ohms or whatever you get...

Power supply is 90A alt, some crappy AGM battery up front and 2 PowerCells (NSB90, roughly) in the back. 1 run of 0 gauge from front to back.

Yeah I get some voltage drop (duh, haha) but it still wangs crazy loud...

Haha just a lil bit of drop, just as stated in your sig. It sounds like it holds up pretty well even when the supply of power isn't through the roof.I keep hearing that they are efficient, but they eat up a hell of a lot of power.Takes power to make power though I guess.

Archived