DC Sound Lab

Whats the highest score anyone got with these speakers on a official meter because I am catching my ass with these subs they play nice but they are smelling smokey real quikly as i play the stereo and voltage isnt problem current isnt problem power isnt proble I have 2 level 5 with 7 HC2400 I have (2) MTX TE4001D one each sub

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer

3-18" Mayhem Subs

Pioneer AVH-6300BT

1-10K DC Audio Amplifier

1-5K DC Audio Amplifier

3-Pioneer GM-D9500

6-Kinetik HC2400

2-XS Power D3100

1-Kinetik HC1400

Ohio Gen 160-180 amp HO Alternator

do you have your subsonic set right? gains set right? if your running a ported box what is it tuned 2?

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

did you set your gains with an oscilloscope because if they smell "smokey" your probably clipping the crap out of them.

^^ this ^^

if there get smelly that isnt good but if there smoking too that really isnt good

Whats the highest score anyone got with these speakers on a official meter because I am catching my ass with these subs they play nice but they are smelling smokey real quikly as i play the stereo and voltage isnt problem current isnt problem power isnt proble I have 2 level 5 with 7 HC2400 I have (2) MTX TE4001D one each sub

Voltage is power, first of all. If you have to ask, you don't really know what your doing, thus, deserve a lvl5. As everyone else asked, were your gains set on a test tone, as well as LPF and subsonic? And why worry about peoples numbers with these, if you shit is smoking/coils are burning? And if one persons lands a 150 or so, doesn't mean you will... It's all in the car and install....

12" DC LVL 4

Sundown 1200D

PG RSDs

PPI PC2100

Alpine 9886

first, turn your bass boost off, second, back your gains off, third don't play clipped music. you pry burnt your coils and they need to be reconed if you smell coil everytime it plays. If your going to run alot of power on any sub, it has to be clean and smart power. not any clipped speaker and shit. I run 5kw on my lvl 5's daily for half hour at a time for demo's, subs get hot as hell but no burn smell. I have no bass boost and I have all my amps gain matched to the t and I have control over what music i play.

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

I just don't understand how people can invest so much money into a hobby, when they don't even understand how to set gains/the bass boost shouldn't be used. Or they don't even understand what clipping a signal is. It's sad, or i'm just a hater because mommy and daddy don't pay for my hobby =[.

12" DC LVL 4

Sundown 1200D

PG RSDs

PPI PC2100

Alpine 9886

Maybe it's wired up wrong I know I wired my woofers wrong for like a whole day I would play it for 2mins and it would get supper smelly in my truck and my amp would get hot,then after rewiring it was day and night difference

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

I am guessing you dont have an o-scope, but pretty sure just like stated above your clipping your subs. Once you turn it down you should notice the difference. I would also think about getting your subs reconed now.

steven.jpg

ok, just now saw you had two amps per sub, with that power and your style of questions no wonder you are doing that to your subs. so you know. just cause some people(like me or thor and others on here) put an ass load of power daily on our lvl 5's don't mean anyone can. You have to do it right. Untill you get shit figured out, i'd run one amp per sub or else your gonna keep buring your coils. If you want, I can get a recone order in for you. If you need one hit me up in a pm or email me. Thanks

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain