DC Sound Lab

Yup, both on the headunit, and at the amp. Are you also FOR SURE that your friend used the oscope right, and you didn't just turn the gains up where it sounds good? What is the LPF at as well?

Well I wasn't there to witness it but he doing that for quite sometime now

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer

3-18" Mayhem Subs

Pioneer AVH-6300BT

1-10K DC Audio Amplifier

1-5K DC Audio Amplifier

3-Pioneer GM-D9500

6-Kinetik HC2400

2-XS Power D3100

1-Kinetik HC1400

Ohio Gen 160-180 amp HO Alternator

Yup, both on the headunit, and at the amp. Are you also FOR SURE that your friend used the oscope right, and you didn't just turn the gains up where it sounds good? What is the LPF at as well?

The Bass boost on the deck was at +1 and the max is 5

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer

3-18" Mayhem Subs

Pioneer AVH-6300BT

1-10K DC Audio Amplifier

1-5K DC Audio Amplifier

3-Pioneer GM-D9500

6-Kinetik HC2400

2-XS Power D3100

1-Kinetik HC1400

bass boost seems good to me at +1. shouldnt turn it up though. set your ssf about 5-10 hz below your box tuning. what is your box spec? port area? cf? i have mine lv 15"s in a 7.2 cf with 156 inch of port. alot, and it gets down with the lows and al around. tune to 36hz. set your lpf around 80. were you planning to use the bass knob/ if you do, did your friend turn it all the way up when your friend adjusted the gain. it is to maiximis its use. so when evrything is tune correctly. and you bring it down and slowy turn it a bit for good demo.so nomatter how high you turn the knob it wont reach its clipp signal . adjusting the knob like that during tuning is to make sur you wont have any momre head room to boost and clipp it. but while you do that, everything else should be set at 0.volume at 3/4. and are you rnning a eq? or any prossecor? make sure the gains on it is @0 also. are you listening to mix chop songs when you smelt that smell? some song has very poor qaulity.double check your wiring, mybe you did it correct but maybe one fell out and caused you ohm load to be crazy. like you running on 3vc.you just gotta take the time and start searching step by step. you said you been installin since 98, time to do it agian now. sometimes a friend over look things cause its not really his car, + no real passion to take it serious. hey, some friends jsut arent as into it as you lol. hope you get it taken care of.

Fresno, Cali 559

Dear god man. Type out your words. Punctuation, capitalization, spell check. I can't read half of that. I'm sure there's some good knowledge in there, but it's not worth deciphering the cryptic message to read it.

To the OP, put your bass boost on the amps and HU at 0. No bass boost should be necessary when you're pushing ≈3kw+ to each sub. Also, I'm not sure if others will agree with me, but you may want to look at upgrading that 180-amp alt. Lots of batteries is good, but you don't want your amps sucking them dry.

Was going to state this as well, but didn't want OP to think I was just knit picking at his system. Having a smaller HO alt, and a bank of batteries if just as bad as not having a HO and batteries. Batteries can just cover up the problem, and slowly kill your alternator. Your alternator has to charge the batteries, and if is constantly sucking amps, it's not going to have the power to charge the batts. At least check out a 250a alternator, and you should be good with the supposed 7-10 batteries.

12" DC LVL 4

Sundown 1200D

PG RSDs

PPI PC2100

Alpine 9886

Yea I am from St. Croix it's in the Virgin Islands just 2 hour flight from miami. Thanks alot I scored a 151on term lab meter but really wanted to try push speaker harder I will be attending meca car show this weekend so just wanted to know why this was happening because I really pushed alot of power in this car and also the alternator I got from Ohio generator was the biggest they could have given me for my vehicle the 180 amp alternator

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer

3-18" Mayhem Subs

Pioneer AVH-6300BT

1-10K DC Audio Amplifier

1-5K DC Audio Amplifier

3-Pioneer GM-D9500

6-Kinetik HC2400

2-XS Power D3100

1-Kinetik HC1400

Virgin Islands huh? Doesn't sound too ghetto at all, as you tried to make it sound.... What type of car do you have? How many runs of 0g? Big three done?

12" DC LVL 4

Sundown 1200D

PG RSDs

PPI PC2100

Alpine 9886

Lol it cool island I have a 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Edition on 20" wheels full all out stereo check out our page www.alloutkrew.com we just starting this page couple car shows we attended all judged by meca

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer

3-18" Mayhem Subs

Pioneer AVH-6300BT

1-10K DC Audio Amplifier

1-5K DC Audio Amplifier

3-Pioneer GM-D9500

6-Kinetik HC2400

2-XS Power D3100

1-Kinetik HC1400

The page is displaying cars we have in our krew we will be posting the show pictures for saturdays car show next week

Edited by bedmakerjj

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer

3-18" Mayhem Subs

Pioneer AVH-6300BT

1-10K DC Audio Amplifier

1-5K DC Audio Amplifier

3-Pioneer GM-D9500

6-Kinetik HC2400

2-XS Power D3100

1-Kinetik HC1400

Nice cars, but it doesnt give the information they were asking for, like power wire *how many runs, what size* how many batts

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones