How To Build a 14v system?

i was looking into these 14v batts xs has how would i go about running a system in my grand am with these? i have no clue where to go or what it takes any xtra info would help thanks

2001 Grand AM

Pioneer UB4000 HU

Tsunami / Monster Wire's

DC POWER INC 260SP ALT w/ XS Power VCM

BIG 3 All 1/0 Monster 400 + YT Under Hood

Stinger SPV70 x2 in Trunk

4x SA-10's On There Way soon i hope

SS XXX-4000D @ .7ohm 3K+

RF Power 4x6's & 6x9's Monsoon Powered

PG TL22 Line Driver

148.7db @ 35-45hz sweep w/ 12" BTL

you may also want to consider that not all amps like to see over 14.4 volts. some can go up to 18. just a thought.

1998 jeep grand cherokee

future teardown and rebuild:

2-15.4 orion hcca's

sub amp undecided

2 sets of components

1-concept amp (mids/highs)

undecided h.o. alt

2-yellow tops

I spoke with Matt about this a while back..

Basically if you do not have the option of running a 16V setup, but you want more power, switching to a 14V system is the safe way to go. The car, amps, and accessories generally have no problem running a little over 16V charge.

You would just need to swap out with 14V batteries (like D1400) and use a VCM to regulate around 16V running. My only issue with it would be getting accustomed to a 14V low end.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

I spoke with Matt about this a while back..

Basically if you do not have the option of running a 16V setup, but you want more power, switching to a 14V system is the safe way to go. The car, amps, and accessories generally have no problem running a little over 16V charge.

You would just need to swap out with 14V batteries (like D1400) and use a VCM to regulate around 16V running. My only issue with it would be getting accustomed to a 14V low end.

ah Im glad you chimed in about this. I saw on the website a little while back that they were sellin these and didnt know why.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

The XS Power D1400 14v batteries are fairly small in size. Contact Matt at Mechman about a setup like this. He sells all the needed components and is running a 14v setup in his truck.

D1400 size

Length – 10.24 in

Height – 7.20 in

Width – 6.65 in

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/71134-14-volt-battery-demo-video/

Thanks. That battery might just fit under the hood of my Civic. My Civic takes a group 51 battery which is pretty damn small but that 1400 is pretty close in size. I currently have an Optima yellow top and still have a tad more room. I'll definitely look into this 14V setup when I upgrade to a bigger sub amp because I'll need it. I'll probably need to replace the 70A alternator too. I just did the big 3 and after an hour or so of bumping my lights start dimming again. :(

Archived