6 Crossfire 18s Hummer RE-RE-RE-RE-BUILD

i went ahead and expanded the youtube spotlight because i want to add an update EVERY time you post one.....you my friend, have knocked me down to the #2 spot on the sidebar with this bad ass build.......

let me know when you have a new update so i can keep it fresh.....and dont pick your nose, were all lookin at you! LOL! good job bro.

Hey I just saw that new feature, good deal man thank you.

Next update will be Tuesday or Wednesday I think.

Can I pick Trippi's nose?

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Actually I am the only one who has heard the hummer, Like I said, I test test test.

And I have plenty of experience with those NY style battle cars. I have seen and heard the beast a few times and am still waiting to be impressed by it.

The 2 cars that impressed me were down at a show in florida and Trippi's Hummer would have a hard time keeping up with those cars.

I actually started out doing these types of cars, then moved to SQ and finally SPL.

Vocals from all of Trippi's 6.5s are amazing, what he may need to beat all those other cars is the long throw midbass that gets ya in the temple.

And thats judging based on what youve seen in pics, no one, not even Trippi, knows what I have in store for some pillars and other pieces.

And if any of that doesnt do the job, Trip and I talked over a plan to upgrade already.

How would that even be possible lol? Damn man i dont think there is room for an upgrade :P. This this is so cool, hell even if it didnt play it still would look sick as hell with just the stuff sitting there not playing.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Quick update here folks.

Just got in the VCM, Thanks Nate, you da man.

Installed the VCM and front battery and now charging at 16.5v

I also ran some 0awg from battery to frame and to alternators for ground because believe it or not, it was all stock up there.

Was doing small stuff today like finishing up fog lights wiring, sanding on a trim piece, charging the batts.

I am taking tomorrow off and take it easy on Monday so I can attack it big time come tuesday and pull a 3 night no sleep work shift to get all the amps installed and all speakers playing.

Gonna finish the box by weeks end I hope.

Thank you all for the kind words and for following this build.

I am not rushing and being very meticulous, make sure what I do is right.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Ha, ed i think you owned that guy xD, so cannot wait to see the final product, keep up the good work fellas, this is only EPIC build lol

Trippi you have far too much money, i think you should sponsor my install, as in buy it for me xD haha

Live life to the full... Then TURN THAT BITCH UP!

291nldv.png

I'm glad you went Trip, I told you on the PM that you ain't ready for the likes of Beast or Bling, your bass will be ready but not the vocals and you would lose with your current vocal setup judging best musically sounding truck. You know what you need to do pimp.

yeah that show opened my eyes to how they do it up in that arena..Thanks

No train hopping here. Not even flaming. He's my teammate. That Hummer will stand out at any show, regardless of who is there. I've been to hundreds of shows, and this is definitely a top notch install and system. So, no flaming, just curious, how do you know if Trippis H2 is up to par with "the game" if You personally have never heard it? That just doesnt make any sense to me...

Thanks mate..but he's right to an extent..both of you are. Its hard to judge because I haven't heard my set up but listening to theirs and seeing what they did makes me wonder. And those were just cars..no trucks. But I will have a lot more power than most of them and more cone area. But don't worry, I'm not going to a gun fight with a knife..TDH will stomp that azz...in a nice way of course. lol

give me a link to that Carlisle show and i will be there r u going to be at the next pulse show

its www.carsatcarlisle.com or something like that..I heard its a nice show. Not sure about the pulse show..just taking it day by day and doing it right.

i went ahead and expanded the youtube spotlight because i want to add an update EVERY time you post one.....you my friend, have knocked me down to the #2 spot on the sidebar with this bad ass build.......

let me know when you have a new update so i can keep it fresh.....and dont pick your nose, were all lookin at you! LOL! good job bro.

That's Awesome dude! Ok, honestly, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. This is me.. :noob: ..but thanks!! It sounds like we got the hook up..lol

SEMA you say? Roadtrip :D

yes sir..minus stealing the school bus..u saw that movie right? lol

so u planning on buying a forklift to go along with this build? :P

lol..

Actually I am the only one who has heard the hummer, Like I said, I test test test.

And I have plenty of experience with those NY style battle cars. I have seen and heard the beast a few times and am still waiting to be impressed by it.

The 2 cars that impressed me were down at a show in florida and Trippi's Hummer would have a hard time keeping up with those cars.

I actually started out doing these types of cars, then moved to SQ and finally SPL.

Vocals from all of Trippi's 6.5s are amazing, what he may need to beat all those other cars is the long throw midbass that gets ya in the temple.

And thats judging based on what youve seen in pics, no one, not even Trippi, knows what I have in store for some pillars and other pieces.

And if any of that doesnt do the job, Trip and I talked over a plan to upgrade already.

uh oh..sounds like he's focused. Don't make him angry..u wouldn't like him when he's angry. (But I will love him.) We might be a pretty crazy combo..beware new york..beware. All of you guys have my best interest at heart and I appreciate that. And hold up..did u say you've heard it?? I dont know whether to kick u or kiss u. lol. Nah, actually I like getting on here and seeing some things for the 1st time like everybody else.

How would that even be possible lol? Damn man i dont think there is room for an upgrade :P. This this is so cool, hell even if it didnt play it still would look sick as hell with just the stuff sitting there not playing.

lol..thanks. We have a few ideas..

Quick update here folks.

Just got in the VCM, Thanks Nate, you da man.

Installed the VCM and front battery and now charging at 16.5v

I also ran some 0awg from battery to frame and to alternators for ground because believe it or not, it was all stock up there.

Was doing small stuff today like finishing up fog lights wiring, sanding on a trim piece, charging the batts.

I am taking tomorrow off and take it easy on Monday so I can attack it big time come tuesday and pull a 3 night no sleep work shift to get all the amps installed and all speakers playing.

Gonna finish the box by weeks end I hope.

Thank you all for the kind words and for following this build.

I am not rushing and being very meticulous, make sure what I do is right.

Its crazy how I lucked up and got u involved with this build..perfect timing. Ed what you have done for with this build is beyond mind blowing. When its all said and done I hope it takes your career to another level. Maybe we can get you on a wheaties box or in a snickers bar commercial. Or maybe even your own video game! lol Screw Bob the Builder!

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

tripp_zps449c2d3a.jpg

~~~~CHODE FTW~~~~

DC4LYFE

You guys are just sick. Did you say upgrade this bitch aint even done :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I wish every body had beat so I wouldnt have to turn my shit down. Fosgate for life running there shit since I was 16 going on 15 years strong. Not stopping any time soon.

holy highs....I just popped my tweeter all over my monitor......that is SICK!!! bad DSL connection right now, so missing out on the vids (all day to load) but your pics are pushing me out to the shed to get some work done!!! bad ass, cant wait for the uninterrupted build log :yahoo:

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

me and mista wiskers are waiting for more... :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

11661305.jpg

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

man this build just keeps getting better and better

TEAM YEA WE R THAT LOUD2wh03vb.jpgMinnie told Mickey "I want a divorce". Mickey said to Minnie, "Are you Fucking Crazy?" Minnie replied, "No, i'm fucking Goofy!"hit me up for box designs..i specialize in bandpass design

Archived