Second Skin Audio

97 accord trunk - SQ Footage?

I have a 97 accord like the one below (not mine). I seriously need to damplify the trunk. It rattles like a madman even during break in. Can't imagine when I go to tune it in a week or so. I was thinking 40 sq foot would be enough, but this pic got me thinking more. Don't know if doing the trunk floor is necessary, but I know "for sure" I need to do the lid, rear deck, and side/back end of car/trunk. Would 40ft be enough would you think? Going with regular damplifier.

Stack_trunk3.jpg

Thanks

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Cool, cool. You talkin about 2 layers on what I want to do, or that whole trunk - floor and all? I know for sure I'm going to take up the whole carpeting in there and do the sides and reardeck, and then the lid for sure. Question though - How would I go about laying it on the lid. I know it's kind hard to tell, but at the top of that pic you can kinda see the trunk lid. Just lay it over the whole lid, or in the cutouts. What is best?

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

I got 80sq ft and used about 42-45 on my entire trunk and its an 06 impala so 40sq ft will be plenty for that car. if u can get it to crease in those holes good it would be fine to just lay big peices but if u wanna do extra do the indents then lay another layer over that :)

Edited by cubs_fan0718

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

Alrighty cool. I don't think I need to do the doors, they don't vibrate - yet. But the trunk and rear deck is annoying as hell because with some notes, its ratteling enough for me to hear it over the already loud subs themselves. The damplifier Regular has black foil correct?

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

Alrighty cool. I don't think I need to do the doors, they don't vibrate - yet. But the trunk and rear deck is annoying as hell because with some notes, its ratteling enough for me to hear it over the already loud subs themselves. The damplifier Regular has black foil correct?

Mine Was

Edited by cubs_fan0718

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)

What did you use to clean the sheet metal before applying the damplifier? I've heard rubbing alchol, but would plain water be fine?

Edited by Alex K

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

lol i used windex for the dirty parts(cause thats all i had handy), my trunk overall was really clean just a damp rag would work as long as it gets the dirt and grime let it dry or dry it off and get to sticking. that stuff is no joke make sure u get it where u want it the first time. haha

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)