How to ship a SubWoofer!

man thats the only way ive ever done a circle for a sub, but if im doin alot of holes i just find out the internal diameter for the speaker/sub and cut out a circle on the bandsaw and just trace it on the wood when i find center and it works

but i still rock it oldschool with the make shift guage, i always get the circle right that way

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its all packaged up and ready for shipping, I dont feel like taking the top off and the woofer out to wire it up, then Id have to disconnect my mayhems in my truck and wire that up to my amp. Too much hassle :(

But I work for a company that sells Industrial woodworking machines, saws, sanders, etc and this is how items get shipped to us and we package up used stuff that we sell. Only on a smaller scale. So if this method works for big machines that cost $1,000 to $300,000 machines I think it should be good enough for a subwoofer :)

Most of the wood I used for this was the old shipping crate for our new SawStop that costs well over $4,000 with all the accessories we got with it. Dope as hell table saw, I felt so nervous using a normal tablesaw that has no saftey features. :(

If you dont know what a sawstop is search for it on youtube! they are very nice and quiet too. I can talk on a cellphone while cutting a piece of wood and hear the other person on the phone just fine and vice versa. :)

Edit for video.

thats loads better than some sealed boxes i've seen haha, thanks for postin this up

Orion 2500D, Jbl Gto 75.4

Team Wolfpack Audio FSQ 15" d2, mb quart xover, tweets peerless 6.5 mids

Alpine cda-105

optima up front Knu klm 1/0

after seeing this im confident i'll receive this just as shown in the for sale ad pics. Kinda settles the nerves when shipping heavy fragile items.

I will post pics the moment i receive it.

1995 Honda Accord Coupe

still building only thing done is big three and one run of stinger 0 gauge.

Feedback

2r2boxz.png

this is def sticky worthy. thanks a ton man great tut

29yr3gg.jpg

Custom Car Audio

(815) 916 - 9194

www.midwestsplcustoms.com

2000 Tahoe | 22" GREED Celebrities

Alpine CDA-117

Dual 0/1 Runs

(3) 925 CA Group 31 In Back

(4) 18" FI Audio Q's (W/ Extra Spider)

(4) Hifonics BXi 2010D

Hifonics ZXi 4410

4 RF P1653 6 1/2's

Big 3

All Kicker/Knu Wiring

more then sticky worthy, that ish is not movin an inch :D

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

after seeing this im confident i'll receive this just as shown in the for sale ad pics. Kinda settles the nerves when shipping heavy fragile items.

I will post pics the moment i receive it.

Thank you Sir!

this is def sticky worthy. thanks a ton man great tut

more then sticky worthy, that ish is not movin an inch :D

No problem on the tutorial, and hopefully it does good in transit :)

thanks for comments! :)

The whole goal of this thread is to put the sellers mind at ease (me in this case), and the buyers. So both know that the item being sold will arrive in 1 piece in perfect condition, so no one ends up losing any sleep :)

Nice....but cardboard, pool noodles and bubble wrap work well for those without a woodshop at home ...lol

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

Nice....but cardboard, pool noodles and bubble wrap work well for those without a woodshop at home ...lol

With comments like that, it makes me almost feel you dont care about the person your selling too..

Umm no they dont... bubble wrap will pop from the weight of a woofer being bounced on it...

If you dont have access to a tablesaw, circular saw, jig saw, drill, and your into car audio you better worry about buying some tools for your future builds before buying more audio stuff.

There is only 2 ways to properly ship a 40+ pound subwoofer in my opinion.

A: The manufactures original packaging.

B: A wooden crate which should be way stronger then most companies original packaging.

Archived