Always easier to pull both motor and trans together. Shouldn't be too bad to pop the steering knuckles loose and sliding the axles out so you can remove the engine and trans at once, cause when you try to put the 2 back together they can be a pain sometimes and alot easier outside the car.

BTW:You don't have to remove the axles from the sterring knuckles just pop em off the control arm, remove the tie rods and slide the axles from the trans, might take a pry bar to pop em tho. Double check a forum to make sure they have the spring clips on the axles and no c-clips inside holding them.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

if its an automatic disconnect all of the torque converter bolts all the bolts that connect the motor and tranny seperate the 2 with the hoist on the motor a jack undeneath the tranny and yank the bish out

Greg,
Triple C Auto Niagara Falls NY

Under construction
2002 Chevy Suburban

pioneer 8000NEX

3 Sets of ARC Audio 6000 components in custom front doors

2 Powerbass midrange in center council

4 Super tweets

2 Focal 900.6 6 channels

4 American Bass VFL Comp 15's (currently running 2)

DC 12.0k

DC Power dual alt bracket

2 XS Power D3400's under the hood

3 C&D technologies 110ah in rear

along with multiple runs of 0 AWG OFC

Always easier to pull both motor and trans together. Shouldn't be too bad to pop the steering knuckles loose and sliding the axles out so you can remove the engine and trans at once, cause when you try to put the 2 back together they can be a pain sometimes and alot easier outside the car.

BTW:You don't have to remove the axles from the sterring knuckles just pop em off the control arm, remove the tie rods and slide the axles from the trans, might take a pry bar to pop em tho. Double check a forum to make sure they have the spring clips on the axles and no c-clips inside holding them.

already replaced them once, and its got a spring clip on the axle, very easy to pop in and out. this is probably the route i'll take, tomorrow morning bright and early lol

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

Whats the best way to pull a motor that weighs about 300 lbs without a hoist?

hire a bunch of mexicans.

mainphpg2viewcorew.jpg

TNCB

....my damn room was shaking, im like wtf is this how am i gonna die jakin off to vida guerra?

I disagree. A couple bell housing bolts are easier than having to work out a larger package IMO.

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

Alpine CDA-9886

Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D

Sundown Audio SAX-50.4

Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components

Image Dynamics iD12

Optima Yellow Top

SQFire FTW.

hire a bunch of mexicans.

mainphpg2viewcorew.jpg

not many around here anymore or else i would consider it lol ..what the hell is that spider lookin thing at the right side of the picture? lol

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

I disagree. A couple bell housing bolts are easier than having to work out a larger package IMO.

i figure it would be about the same amount of work either way. atleast with the tranny out i can assemble it back together easily outside the car. plus the motor and tranny will pull straight up out. not a very big motor. just have to take one extra mount off and both axles, boom done : ) i'll look into what i wanna do tomorrow though. i'll decide what im gonna do depending if im feeling lazy or not. im kinda getting bored doing the same stuff everyday, i always find something i need to move to the other side of the car or unplug or put back on. very confusing and kinda hard, im taking my jolly 'ol time with the job because i wanna do it correctly the first time and not spend a few days wondering where something went lol

i figure it would be about the same amount of work either way. atleast with the tranny out i can assemble it back together easily outside the car. plus the motor and tranny will pull straight up out. not a very big motor. just have to take one extra mount off and both axles, boom done : ) i'll look into what i wanna do tomorrow though. i'll decide what im gonna do depending if im feeling lazy or not. im kinda getting bored doing the same stuff everyday, i always find something i need to move to the other side of the car or unplug or put back on. very confusing and kinda hard, im taking my jolly 'ol time with the job because i wanna do it correctly the first time and not spend a few days wondering where something went lol

All Ive ever pulled is the engine from my friends Grand Prix. We pulled it once with the trans and engine together and it was a whore. The next 3 times we pulled the engine we just undid the trans and the engine pulled in like a quarter of the time. but every car is different.

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

Alpine CDA-9886

Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D

Sundown Audio SAX-50.4

Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components

Image Dynamics iD12

Optima Yellow Top

SQFire FTW.

I watched someone just lean over and pick the whole damn motor up and out by himself. just find a buddy that goes to the gym alot and body builds and have him do it by himself lol :popcorn:

aaaa.png

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS MUST OF BEEN BROKE"

I watched someone just lean over and pick the whole damn motor up and out by himself. just find a buddy that goes to the gym alot and body builds and have him do it by himself lol :popcorn:

holy balls, well, why do that now when i have myself a hoist? lol

Archived