best way to pre-pair for doing a lot of push ups

Get the "perfect pushup", it will help

Do one pushup and rest for 5 seconds, then two pushups and rest for 5 seconds... keep doing this all the way to 10 pushups then rest for 10 seconds and start going back down to 1. You will do 100 pushups in a couple minutes and not even realize it. It doesn't sound like much but it will sucks the first couple times you do it.

The only real way to get better at pushups is to do pushups. Bench will help but you don't workout all the secondary muscle groups.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

practice, lol. try doing 15 then 14 then 13 then 12 etc... with a break in between. if you do that and give yourself like a minute in between, before you know it you've done well over 100 pushups over the course of 15-20 minutes. then you just make the breaks shorter...50 seconds, 40 seconds, etc.

my buddy swears by doing a different position each time(normal, arms back (like when you have your chest on the ground, your forarms are near your waist almsot, instead of out), diamonds, knuckles, legs crossed, legs wide, theory is that any slight variation means the muscles move a little different and the workout is more complete) I did that for like a semester, and had no problem doing 100 straight pushups, or even a dozen with my girlfriend sitting on my back, which is an accomplishment for a 6 foot tall 215 pound guy. hell, any guy that can do a pushup with 100+lbs on their back its an accomplishment.

for situps, i've always kinda done leg lifts (lie on your back, hold your legs straight out and like just off the ground, lift to vertical and go back almost to ground...and dont wuss out and put your hands under your ass) and idk what its called, but put your legs straight up, grab a 5lb weight with both hands, and without bending your knees you touch it to your toes as many times as you can in a minute.

damn, i gotta get back into a gym routine...i havent gained any weight but a traded a whole lot of muscle for fat in the past year...

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Based on your list, the only thing you gotta worry about is swimming. If you say you're good there, I wouldn't even practice for it.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Swimming is the hardest part, the other stuff is really easy. The best way to do it is to get a timer do as many push ups you can in 1 minute, flip do as many sit ups as you can in one minute and do this for 3 sets. Get up run a mile. Next day do the same thing but run two miles. Next day same thing but run 1 mile. I used to run 2 miles is 11:28 by doing this. with energy to spare so I could carry a 30lb container 2 miles an hour later lmao. Do that for two weeks and you can knock out 50 push ups in a minute and some change

when you practice them, push yourself and don't stop and take a break, keep going until you can't do anymore. When they are testing you, don't rest during the 2 mins, just keep pushing, it just takes energy away if you stay in the front leaning rest position without pushing. It will take discipline, just do them everyday a few times a day, as many as you can every time!!I mean push till you can't get back up. Also use good form, keep your back straight, and try moving your arms in closer together or farther apart, find the position that best suits you, you could gain anywhere from 1-15 push-ups by finding your sweet spot. To do what you are going in to do , I would be more comfortable to do at least 85 in 2 mins, i know that seems like a lot, but my unit trained with a lot of SOF 's and it surely won't hurt you a bit to be able to do more than that. Good luck with everything man, and best of luck to you.

2000 2dr blazer

15" diamond audio d3

4 cubic ft. tuned @ 32hz (slot port, sub back, port back)

debating on a wall or no wall.

Shay-kee

do you get to rest in between the pushups, as in like you can do 4 sets? if you then its good. in my good days in california youth authority. i worked out doing pushups in my cell 3x a day and still went to the gym class and lift weights and played handball. i found it best doing a full set of pushup of how many you do. say 25 a set. with your hands still on the ground, ass in the air. rest for 3 seconds and drop down a do 5 more. do that with every set. eventually you will get up the numbers quick, i got so used to the pushups i was doin 60's. good ones. not no cheap half hop ones. the senior officer was an ex marine and though us good. pull ups you can just do sets up 3. depending on how much you weigh and how much you can pull yourself. 3 good one is better than 10 half azz ones. start small and do it right. no spot on the first 3 at all.

Fresno, Cali 559

Low weight, high rep bench, incline and decline. Do the same with dunbells(sp?) to work the stabalizer muscles as well. Inclined push ups, wide arm and daimonds, as well as regular spread. If you have access to a "bosu ball" inlcined pushups with that will work the chest and stabalizer(sp) muscles as well. Be sure to work out your back as well. If you cant support yourself and hold the proper push up position it wont matter how many reps you try to do. Thats the basics for a high rep push up score that I use and I normally get around 75 to eighty on a PT test. Good luck!

Damn smiley face things wouldnt go away...

Archived